Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 April 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON (on Friday).

Last week's Chat thread is here.

I meant to tell you all this story.

Early last week, during the very high winds, I had to go north for groceries. I was unloading my shopping and struggling to walk in the gales. I saw R.T. Hawk and his pale mate (the red-tailed hawk pair) riding the thermals together.

R.T. started to glide over the creek toward town, and then he saw me watching him. He circled all the way back and flew right toward me. He turned into the wind and pumped his wings, so that he was hovering in one place right above me. He looked at me in the eyes for several seconds! Then he turned and flew on his way. I don't know what made him fly over to see me.

I haven't seen any hawk juveniles around this year.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

Nokota Wild Horses on the prairie in North Dakota
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Glad to hear all went well for your OH, Lynette.  Poor daughter, she has been poorly.

• Heather, if you want to quote a previous post, go into Rich Formatting, then click on the "quote" button right away. Then start typing just as normal, without touching anything else: the programme will do it all for you after that if you just click on "post" as usual when you're finished typing. 

The quote should come up at the top of your post, then :-)

• CONGRATS Clare. I knew you would get something eventually.

Linda – What a marvellous way to display the whale. Better than in a stuffy glass box in a museum.

Don’t mention MOB outfits to me! I had two that cost “an arm & a leg”. Each with skirt, top & jacket. No choice, had to have straight skirts. I have worn the tops with black pants but the tops are not exactly comfortable. And how often do I go anywhere posh?

My wrist feels better but on Saturday the arthritis flared, mainly in thumb joints & first finger. I went back to anti-inflamms & they are helping. This morn I had to take my slave for food shop – OH hates moving early in morn (9 am!) but has learnt the Nonnas are not out that early cluttering the shops, so reluctantly he drives me & trails around aisles with trolley. I drove home, not bad I thought, but he was not happy with my 1½ hand efforts. Tomorrow I hope to drive alone to library for more books to fill my days.

• Clare - happy to hear you have finally been told you have a job!

• Chauffeur-Friend just phoned to say she is collecting me tomorrow morn 9 am for an excursion. She says I’m to decide where to go. Hm, maybe Adelaide Hills. We know of 2 good bakeries & some old buildings. Camera now charging. Memo to hand: Behave!

• AQ - What a pain, literally.  Do hope that it has not been aggravating your hand too much, and you can get back to normal. Had to laugh at description of food shopping, as you know mine hates all shops anyway, but I take him sometimes so that he can be shocked at the prices of grub! Enjoy your trip with your Friend - particularly good to hear that there are 2 bakeries, LOL!!

• Forgot to say, Good Morning.  Sunny & bright here, so will put laundry on the line and swan off with my Friend on a short shopping trip. We both need a few small things from Lakeland Ltd., and plan to have a small lunch too, after a potter around John Lewis which is nearby.

• Good morning, all.  Thanks for all your kind comments!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Well done Clare! When do you finish at Minsmere or will you still do a few hours there?

• Unknown said:

Well done Clare! When do you finish at Minsmere or will you still do a few hours there?

I'm sure Clare will reply BUT I got the impression the job has to fit round Minsmere!!