Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 April 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here. I left two long posts on the end of last week's thread, and others had posts, too.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

These are endangered American White Pelicans like the ones that are waiting out the bad weather on the lake down the road from me, so they can again fly north to their breeding area.

American White Pelicans
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service government photo
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Slight frost to start, soon went; patchy cloud and sunshine since, so been planting a few things in containers.  Now making soup (celery and cashew) for lunch.  Probably working in greenhouse later, unless OH needs artistic advice for trimming height of our three trees.

Wendy – sounds like Daisy is doing alright – sorry you haven’t yet found her any boots which fit for outside wear.

Linda – I enjoyed your Canaries description which you posted for Rosy.  Never having any inclination to travel abroad myself, I do like to hear about other places.  Pleased Bonnie wasn’t sick – just hope it comes through okay today.  There seem to have been a lot of earthquakes out east this week – we even had two little ones out in the Solway Firth on Wednesday!

Lynette – I hope your Daughter soon feels better and that all goes well for your OH on Monday.

Annette – Museums sound very interesting.  Wishing you a safe journey through to AZ today – a lot of driving for you.

Soup nearly ready.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Cold here today, earlier. I walked across to town and my goodness, the wind was sharp. Only went for the exercise - hadn't walked anywhere for a few days. Walking from 1015 until 1200 and feel the better for it.

LYNETTE- Sorry to read that your daughter was ill, hope she is on the mend and glad she didn't need the nebulizer. I'm sure all will be OK with your OH he will be glad to be shot of that thing.

ANNETTE- love the idea of snacks in the bedroom! OH and I have done that more than once.

No outside work here, today. OH is sitting downstairs with his feet up, box of chocs to hand and watching sport on TV. I am sitting upstairs, in my cosy bedroom corner, recliner chair, watching TV, Rick Stein cooking Spanish food. I don't find it easy, chilling out in the daytime but am working on it!

Hoping that Bonnie continues OK, LINDY.

• Sounds good, that chilling out idea, Heather!  Pleased to hear that your OH is taking time off:  he has been busy this week by the sound of it. It's a very cold wind here, too, in spite of the lovely sunshine we've had today.

My OH is off at the allotment, pulling the last of the leeks to go with our roast chicken tonight.  I've sneaked into the study whilst he's away to deal with some more of our photos. Here are some more of our Canaries holiday:

More arty fishes!

A local fisherman, they go out to try and catch the more special fish to sell to the restaurants, but it looks dangerous if you don't know the rocks! This was taken with my zoom lens on full throttle, he was quite a way out, and the waves were big!

• We had companions, sometimes, when we sat on the rocks!

They often chased each other around - perhaps the males being territorial.  This one was too fast for me, LOL!!

• Heather,  Interesting that you had a similar experience in Tenerife  some time ago. Good to know that there was a positive outcome. Difficult at the time, though.

More later. Daughter just arrived,

• Rosy:   We had nothing but positive and prompt treatment when ill in Spain.  Once in Lanzarote, I had a serious kidney infection, and the clinic was very efficient (after all, the insurance was paying the bill!) and it was like staying in a hotel when I was kept in for a couple of days just to make sure I was OK.

Then once, in Furteventura my OH had a bad chest:  he was X rayed, tested, and given meds in no time:  very good service.  We have lots of confidence in the medical services there.

• Last pics for today:  views around the island:

If you look carefully, you can see schoolchildren in canoes who were being taught how to use them, they had a lot of fun and were screaming with laughter!  It is the bay next to the ferry dock at Corralejo, the main town on the Island.  The grey smudges on the horizon are local volcanoes!

This one was one of the views from our balcony:  you can just make out one of the local fishing boats out there.

• Like the fish, LINDY!

Thinking about MARGO, hoping that she is feeling a little better. It must be nearly time for her next transfusion?

My son just phoned,asking if my OH would give a reading at Arabella's christening. I didn't even have to ask OH, he has always disliked speaking in public. Giving Treasurers Report to various Committees was agony for him. I did check, afterwards, in case and he said 'No! Never!'.

• That's a difficult one, Heather.  Easier than when at a funeral, though, when emotions run high.  Maybe they'll ask you, now!

• Hail showers put a stop to gardening, with not much done this afternoon, so I've been tidying folders and files on my PC.  Oh came in, and seems to be doing the same!

HEATHER - pleased to see your OH is relaxing today (not so sure about the box of chocs)and that you are learning to chill too.

LINDA - enjoyed those pictures - I forgot to mention how much I liked the colourful fish before, and I like the Lizards too (similar to ones on the DYFI Facebook page yesterday - two males fighting there!).

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!