Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 April 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here. Check back, because there were a lot of new, long posts at the end of the thread.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Diane - many thanks for getting us going again - love the flower - together with the clocks going on last weekend, it makes it seem quite spring like, even if it is raining cats and dogs!!

• Thanks Diane - what a cheery start!  Will catch up tomorrow.

• Good Morning All.  Thanks to Diane for starting off the week, and for the cheerful flower!

-----   It's not raining here, Yay!! (waving arms madly!)

• Good Morning Everyone. A lovely sunny morning. We had rain yesterday evening after a beautiful day. rain forecast for this evening again.

Thanks for starting the week Diane. Loved your conversation with the squirrel. Hope you have no damage from the strong winds.

Lovely to hear from you, Tina. sorry you have had your mystery pain, but pleased that it has now gone. Congratulations on the birth of your grandchild. I hope the baby sitting was fine.

Hi Liz, sorry about your rain. Hope it clears up for you.

Hope it continues to be a dry day for you, Linda. Poor Bonnie being sick. I guess she must enjoy being washed :-))

A quiet day for us. It was lovely to spend the day with daughter yesterday.

• Good morning.  Getting better: inflammatory pain back to arthritic "normal", cough now intermittent, no improvement to eyes and nose and whole face aches with sinusitis.  Managed to prep lamb to slow-cook on timer in oven (will do sprouts later and OH will do potatoes) then had to have a rest.  Will now shower before needing another rest!  Thanks to DIANE for starting thread and ALL for posts.  LINDA - pleased you are making the most of time away despite weather; sorry about the fishy incidents!  

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• For anyone interested in tech stuff: I made this week's flower card using a free online photo editing program called Pic Monkey. I used their radiance filter.

Best wishes to all who are ill.

Brenda: Thanks for your concern!

• Good morning everyone. Lovely start to the day Diane and all of you previous posts, I am still getting through them all.

We have woken to the sun shining, which does brighten the mood and day ahead.

Linda, sorry to hear about Bonnies sickness, hope it soon passes.

Our dog can be a nightmare if she gets to a tasty looking item before we can get to it, we have also suffered for a few days, back on the rice and chicken which works for her.

I bet Bonnie looks lovely after her shampoo, does she like to be groomed? ours is not so good.

I survived the babysitting, its all gadgets these days, a milk machine that puts the water in the bottle to the exact temperature (I still tested on the wrist, old habits!!)

The baby lays on a mat (under the sheet) which is linked to the baby monitor, this tells you the temperature, babies breathing and various other things. Of course I forgot! picked the baby up, off the alarm went! I didn't do make that mistake again.

Plus now mums do what they call a 'dream' feed, so between 10pm-11pm you feed the baby whilst asleep, (alarm off this time) :-)apparently the aim is the baby should sleep longer during the night. She was sound asleep when I picked her up at 11pm, even when it came to winding her, but by did she guzzle that feed down.

Am I the only person not aware of dream feeds?!

Spoke to daughter earlier, baby woke at 1am, so i'm not convinced that this feed is worth staying up for.

Daughter and OH looked shattered before they went out, I received constant texts from them.

They both admitted to yawning constantly and talking children throughout their meal. Daughter now has an headache from 1 glass of wine and tiredness, OH has gone back to work after 1 months paternity leave from the Fire station, life goes on.

I was also conscious that Seth also wanted my attention, not wanting him to feel left out. It was totally exhausting!!

Heather & Clare, I dread the teenager stage, Seth can be too grown up at times even for a 5 year old.

I'm now on a mission to clean and dust, the sun shining through is showing up cobwebs.

I also  need to catch up on the nests first, I do hope Mrs G mate turns up soon, also the gorgeous Monty makes an appearance.

Catch up later, have a lovely day everyone.

• Let the fun begin on the Dyfi!

All enjoyed our lamb dinner.  I just took a walk around the garden - less sun than the morning but still warm - and I didn't cough while walking!  It's so good to see things growing - leaves opening on the trees and shrubs, later bulbs coming into bloom and things appearing through the ground.

• Glesni too - hope Monty brings his first fish to right lady!