Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 March 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY EASTER (to those who celebrate the holiday).

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week.

• OG - that virus sounds awful. At least mine lets me sleep!  Hope that perhaps you managed some catnaps today..... I fell asleep after lunch, after keeping going all morning - we went to shops to stock up, then took Bonnie on seaside walk for some fresh air, her running around and the two of us in hats and gloves!  We had to get new batteries for all the various clocks here which had stopped or slowed. It's poured all afternoon, so we've done puzzles and read things.

Annette - Well done on sorting out both fountain and chimes. I like to fix things rather than buy new. Don't think it will be very sunny here this weekend, but if it stops raining we hope to get around and see stuff. Laughed at your remark to Brenda, and imagined her reaching for the gin bottle.....LOL!

Trump is larger than life....

• Annette, I thought of that myself, after I had posted that I needed a drink. I have never needed 'drink' at that hour of the morning. LOL  I think my OH would ring the Dr if I did.
    Well done, with your work on the fountain.
    I did read a comment on an osprey site, that the bunch of dried grass brought into the nest, was in fact, Trump's wig :-))

Linda, Hope the weather clears for you.  

It has been a beautiful day here. Daughter and Ruby are visiting here tomorrow. Her Fiancé is in New Orleans at a medical conference. ( compulsory attendance, but the Drs  pay for all travelling/ hotel expenses themselves. Not the NHS ) She will leave late afternoon, as she is on call for the rest of the weekend, and we will be taking part in a bowls club quiz, with a fish and chip supper at half-time. Ruby is having 'the op' on Tuesday. Poor thing.

• LINDY - I would love to be in a place where I could hear the rain pattering on the roof and just settle down with a book. That is why I have so enjoyed our canal boat holidays. Weather bad, batten down the hatches, glad that you are not the one driving the barge (hello son of mine!) kettle on, etc etc.

• Not been reading books, just various bits of local magazines. We have lots of books here, which we keep saying we'll "get around to" sometime. :-)

Did laugh at your destructive dog story,Heather -- I read it out to my OH and he winced!

• Healing thoughts to Margo, OG, Linda & anyone I've missed.

Saw Doc yesterday, good news, no fracture. Anti-inflamms & bandage for 2 weeks. And no lifting etc. So no nanny duty yeay. Wrist stll sore but biggest prob is the arthritis having flared in that hand. On way home from doc, called into bakery for pies, pasties & choc cake as variation on my quick meals in freezer. Off now to hose my hair.

• Not such a successful day today with one thing and another. Lost a fight with a garden hose (our horrible hard water gunked up the shower handle thingy and spent ages trying to ungunk it). It's now on OH's list of things to do.

Brenda:  Well, Trump's hair already looks like a birds nest, so who can blame the ospreys for such an obvious target.  New Orleans is a great city (if it's not too hot and sticky).  Have fun with Daughter and Ruby and good luck at the bowls club quiz.

Heather: Can't imagine your dream of "rain pattering on the roof" would be hard to realize in your neck of the woods, unless you feel guilty settling down with a book when you could be cleaning and ironing.

AQ: Good no fracture and good no nanny duty for a few weeks. Very smart to detour to bakery after doc visit. That's my kind of medicine.

Have a good Saturday all and good wishes especially to Margo and OG.

• Good Morning.  It rained all evening & all night here, and it's still raining now, pretty much all of the time. The local rivers and streams are swollen. I slept through most of the night, but my OH was up to see to Bonnie and reported on the ghastly conditions.

I don't feel any worse, so am lucky that this isn't one of those grim conditions which hangs on,  leading to a hacking cough. l just have a dry cough & the odd sneeze, which entitles me to some Easter chocolate and extra cups of tea! I like your idea of going to the bakery, AQ! Glad your wrist is not going to take too long to heal, just long enough for you to get a holiday from nannying......

• Annette -  

"I picked a fight with the garden hose - It beat me, but then that's how it goes... You do your best to water and weed, You trim the shrubs and plant the seeds, But now and then you need to howl ---- Its best to just throw in the trowel!"

• Good Morning Everyone. Another lovely sunny morning. Rain due this evening. Waiting to hear what time daughter is hoping to arrive. I presume she is caught in traffic somewhere.

Annette, We used to live in a very hard water area. We had to have a water softener installed as the shower heads were always getting blocked and the sinks and baths would always look as if I never cleaned them, as soon as they were used.

AQ, Pleased to hear your news, but a bad sprain and bruising still needs looking after. So sorry about your arthritis. Sounds as if you are in quite a bit of pain. Take care of yourself.

Linda, I think the rain is supposed to leave you for a time today. Loved your ditty to Annette.

• Hello all. A lovely day here, also.

A worrying silence from OG which must mean that she is still feeling awful.

AQ - Glad that you haven't got a fracture, but do take care of yourself. Sorry that your arthritis is complicating things. What a pest.

ANNETTE - I was wondering if there was an old fashioned remedy for hard water damage? Glad that you are feeling better. We get plenty of rain but no tin roof for it to patter on!

BRENDA - enjoy time with your daughter and Ruby!

OH is down the garden in the compost bin department. In his good clothes... He obviously thought that I wouldn't see him, hidden behind the trees!

Middle daughter is coming here for dinner, plus Callum and Amy. Short notice but we will manage fine.

Thinking about MARGO.

LINDY - loved your rhyming thingummy!! Sorry about the rain, just enjoy the change of scenery x

Everyone, enjoy what is left of the weekend.