Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 March 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• WENDY - I perhaps have been a bit too careful, but OH's son was so very close to his Mum and he and I have had a few difficult moments over the years. I wish that OH and I could have had a 'together' home, it would have made things a lot easier. OH was so insistent on staying here, I sold my home and moved in here.

• Heather my girls have had their moments which really could have meant I would have been on my own now.

Luckily godparents intervened with common sense.

They now both love it up here.

• Strange afternoon..

Daisy rarely barks as it's such a waste of energy..

Sat on doorstep giving it large...

Sparrowhawk on fence invading her space ....

• WENDY- so so difficult but thank goodness everything worked out for you. It is OK here but sometimes feel as if I am treading on eggshells, still. OHs daughter has made it public that she loves me and accepts me. Her brother can still throw in the odd remark that I find upsetting. Example- OH was going to whisky tastings once a month with my eldest son in law. He enjoyed doing that. His son took exception, told me that his mother would have nipped that in the bud. You can imagine how that made me feel.

• Heather I was lucky as new OH had no children...

Now it seems any problems or good news he is the first to hear...;-)

• That is good to read, WENDY!!

• On a lighter note youngest had an interview today for promotion at her school.

Totally stressed over a power point presentation 10 min talk with QA after.

She grilled them ( typical) so has been offered the job on her terms which means keeping fuel allowance and all holidays honoured. She is the festival queen with all tickets and camping paid for. What a star...

• Brilliant WENDY, well done to her and yes, a lighter note!! I don't often get mis, apologies!

OH is coming up to bed, he is extremely tired, been painting a fence all afternoon. Goodnight, all.

• Well, this was a long day! Managed to see about 6 whales during the shift and by the time it ended, the wind had come up and the ocean was very choppy so Mike called it a day.  Grandson finally arrived just after 5 p.m. and by the time we'd returned his rental car and I'd dropped him off at his car and driven home, it was gone 8. Still, nothing planned tomorrow....

Heather: Not sure about that remark from stepson re your OH's monthly outing. My reaction would have been to tell him his Dad is an adult capable of making his own decisions and that you're his wife, not his mother! :-)

Wendyb: Great that your daughter landed the job - on her terms too! Brilliant.

Lovely full moon tonight.

• Heather – I understand your reluctance to ‘rock the boat’ as a 2nd spouse. Some people can do, others prefer quiet life . . . or perhaps only fighting for the major things.

I fell over at Dau’s late yesterday, one minute I was folding washing when MissL fell off toy and wailed; next minute I was on floor having landed on both knees & left hand. Don’t know if I slipped or tripped. Instead of me helping Dau, she had to dispense ice pack (me) & cuddle (MissL). Lovely caring MissJ came to give me a hug. I only seemed to be bruised, drove home OK, had tea, went to bed early as I was tired after day of chores. About 1.30 am my wrist was agony. This morn got appt with doc (not my regular), OH driving, ow, ow, ow with every bump in road, 1 hour late, ow, ow, ow, off for xrays, another hour for results, so we went home for quick lunch, back in time for doc’s lunch, ¾ hour wait. No fracture, ‘only’ a sprain, arm & wrist in splint for 8 days as some bone may yet fracture. The worst is that Travel-Friend & I had planned a visit to Muratti’s for coffee & cake today. Bleah, it’s postponed.