Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 March 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Feel better soon, BRENDA!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Thanks Clare - will see you at Minsmere again soon.

• I'll be there on Friday afternoon, where I imagine I'll be driving everyone nuts going on about EJ!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• OG hope J is better soon. Don't see much of our very busy neighbours, but knew their adopted cat had a tumor. Saw them today and they had to put the cat to sleep in November. He is really a dog person, but has discovered that Burmese ( like their adopted cat) are actually very doglike in many respects, so that suits them both as  she is a cat person. They have been in contact with a breeder in Crieff and hope to get 2 kittens in a few months time.

Gosh....Isn't EJ early this year.

• Brenda hope you are fully recovered. Take it easy.

• dibnlib said:

Gosh....Isn't EJ early this year.

Yes, she is.....and it's the first time she's ever shown up in the morning.

Hi, Margo!  I bet EJ has given you a lift today.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hi Margo, I am fine, thank you, but just didn't feel like playing bowls. 

• Hello all, on a very happy day. I wonder if that should be in Capital Letters, LOL!

OG - While I was faffing around wondering whether to phone MARGO (don't usually, because I never know if she is resting or not) you mailed her. Happy to see that she was on the case!

AQ - Combination of twins sleeping at different times, dog and heat. Oh dear. I read something in the newspaper this morning, a granny in her early seventies who has previously looked after several grandchildren. Now her son has a toddler and is assuming that she will do the same for him. She feels older now and less able yet doesn't want to disappoint her son.

BRENDA and all - Well, OH and I had The Conversation. He knows that I am unhappy with kitchen design. He realises that apart from minor issues, the existing fitted kitchen units are still OK. He remembers paying a lot of money for Poggenpohl kitchen units in 1987. He knows that my Yorkshire puddings no longer rise spectacularly and I can't make scones (and coffee cakes lol) any more. He knows that our replacement larder fridge is working but was a cheapie and is falling apart. He has agreed to a new kitchen - but maybe bought and fitted by our friendly joiner rather than an expensive kitchen company. I wish that I had recorded the conversation but meantime, will buy a new mixer, make no more cakes for a while and live in hope!

• Unknown said:

Now to catch up on posts – if I can keep my eyes off the Bird!

Oh, dear - I'm still watching the Bird, hours later!!  She has obligingly stayed on her perch for all this time.