Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 March 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat Thread is here.

In the U.S., we change to Daylight Saving Time tonight.

I shared this link on my Facebook page, and I thought I'd include it here. This is Shades State Park (Forest), which is just down the road from me. My grandfather was a park ranger there for many years. It's one of my favorite places in the world. I'm so ready for spring weather.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• No worries, Annette. Hope you're feeling better.

• Thank you, DIANE both for starting us off and for the link to Shades, which I have just explored. What a place! Not sure about climbing the ladders, though. I see there are other links on the website, I'm curious about the food...

ANNETTE- somehow I don't think it is a case of 'every day getting better and better' for you, this virus seems to be a big nasty and slow to shift. Take care. I'm happy to see that you got some needed rain.

I heard the weather forecast early today and there was mention of a fog bank down the east coast of England with associated poor visibility. I don't know if CLARE is affected and wonder if BRENDA has escaped it, today.

• OG- Sorry that the fumes are still effecting your eyes:-(

I wouldn't have gone for the baguette if I hadn't wanted to and happily bumped into middle daughter and Amy on the High Street. Yes, he ate it all, a half baguette with ham and salad filling).

I stopped at Tesco on the way back from town and picked up a couple of things and then stupidly left them behind on the self service check out. Phoned the store and OH said he would walk round there and collect them. One good turn deserves another! You'll gather that he is particular about where his baguettes come from. So am I but it is a long trip to France.

• Heather B said:

Thank you, DIANE both for starting us off and for the link to Shades, which I have just explored. What a place! Not sure about climbing the ladders, though. I see there are other links on the website, I'm curious about the food...

Heather: The best thing we have to offer is Hoosier sugar cream pie. Oh, how my Dad loved it! (People from Indiana are called "Hoosiers". The pie is a "desperation pie" that can be made in a cold, rural Midwest winter when all the fruit is gone and not many ingredients are available.)

• J ill in the night - so just two of us off to church - now!

Thanks to Diane for the new week - other replies later!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• I have already been looking at Diane's link for an hour now, as one thing has led me to another link etc. I am enjoying the link, Diane, but I need to go and look more. Some of those trails look arduous. I know I would have to become fitter. I am intrigued as to why folk are called Hoosiers. I must explore the FB site more.
    Thank you for starting the week.

Heather, How frustrating to find you had left your shopping behind. Waiting to hear that you have made a ' sugar cream pie '.

OG, I just seem to have a cough, otherwise I feel fine, thank you. Sorry J is not feeling good and has been ill during the night.

We didn't have the fog this morning. There was just a mist in the distance. The sun is shining, but it was cold when we went to church. We weeded two flower beds yesterday and removed last years flower heads and pruned the hydrangeas, which are full of big, fat buds. Trying out new sonic cat scarers, which we have been told, do work. One is under some bird feeders, which seems to be popular with local cats. Another is in a front bed, which a few seem to use as their private toilet. I usually use holly branches to deter the cats, but it is not always successful.

• Likewise, BRENDA, I had to look up Hoosiers! Several different theories, I wonder which one DIANE goes with?