Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 March 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

The New Moon (the dark Moon) is on Tuesday.

Last week's chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week. Spring is almost here!!!

• Linda sent me this text this afternoon :-

" Have had lots of sunshine, so a most enjoyable day. Spent the afternoon on the beach and OH even had a swim in the rather chilly sea. Off to wash the sand out of my hair......."

• Brenda: Thanks for letting us know that Lindybird is having good weather. Hope it lasts.

Not much action here today, but must confess to wondering how many boxes of tissue does one nose need!

• Yesterday nanny duty not too bad except Dau recovering from having eaten something “off” and many chores were waiting for me. S-i-l late home as he has to make up work time from when Dau had virus. Dau, tired of minestrone & chick noodle soup which kids like, tried a new recipe, beef & veg soup. Woo hoo, they liked it. MissJ now insists on feeding herself, commendable but messy! Today I have a headache, I rather think it is the weather – hot & humid. We had ¾ inch rain overnight.

• Heather: Happy anniversary. Have a lovely lunch.

• A Very Happy Anniversary, Heather and OH.

( A friend's camellia bush )

• Good Morning Everyone. A dry, but cloudy morning here. As OG said yesterday, it will be a HW day here, also. Give the garden a chance to dry a little. We bought two David Austin rose bushes yesterday, hopefully as part of our new arrangement for the back garden.

Annette, Sorry about the running nose and boxes of tissues. I do hope there is an improvement after, hopefully a good night's sleep.

AQ, I can visualise the mess left by Miss J after feeding herself. Sorry about your headache. I get a headache if there is going to be a thunderstorm, well in advance of the actual storm. Pressure, I guess.

• Hello all. Thank you for your good wishes and thank you BRENDA for the lovely camellias! We enjoyed our lunch. My starter involved stilton cheese and spinach and afterwards black pudding balls with a swede and potato mash and a tasty sauce. Then I had to have the cheeseboard (!) but couldn't eat it all so they offered to put it in a box. So now I've got oatcakes, cheeses and grapes for this evening. OH had sea bass followed by rhubarb and something, can't remember what, crumble, with ice cream.

Just got a phone call from the garage, car ready at 5.30pm. How silly were we?  OH had wine with his lunch so can't drive. No worries, they said, they would send someone tomorrow morning to pick him up and then he will drive home. The bill was less than we expected, maybe we are getting Callum' s staff discount ;-)

• Busy day as expected, but took it slowly and found time to go for “Soup and Sweet Lunch” at church; good to catch up with some folks from other churches whom we hadn’t seen for a long time.  I had tomato soup and raspberry pavlova; OH had minestrone and strawberry trifle.  Even got around to writing shopping list for OH tomorrow, so don’t have it to do this evening.  He will start by collecting the hemmed rugs from Carlisle – I think he said they are only charging £24!

Brenda – pleased to see yesterday’s bulletin from Linda!  Today started very bright, but here too became cloudy – but cloud was very high and thin, so it was quite a bright day, and the sun came through beautifully for a couple of hours before sunset.

Annette – sorry about continuing need for tissues!

AQ – sorry you had a long and busy nanny day – sorry your Daughter had another health issue, but pleased the children liked the soup!  I hope your headache won’t linger, and that te hot and humid weather will change soon.

Heather – glad lunch was so good, and the cheese “doggy-bag” too.  Glad car bill was not as high as feared.

Again nothing scheduled for this evening – makes me wonder what we used to do that we are forgetting to do now!  Neighbour over the road mowed today, but it doesn’t look as if it was a good idea, very churned up.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Now with whisky sounds good, Annette. Hope you are soon feeling much better and do go out and get something to make yourself a hot toddy!!!

HeatherB - enjoy your lunch out and Happy Anniversary. Yes, OH's somehow go deaf if there is something you want doing or changing!

OG - glad consultation went well and its always nice to learn when a consultant (locum in your case) has very good bedside manners so to speak and put you at ease.

Managed swim and almost got up to my target.  OH's computer has got a hiccup, particularly after he decided to change to Windows 10 - he's lost his office programme. He's had to take it to the firm he bought it from (they build one personally for you) Only trouble was the gentleman dealing with his was off sick when he took it in on Tuesday and is now in hospital quite poorly.  He's kept ringing them to try and see if someone else can fix the problem so is awaiting to hear from them.  Do hope so, he feels lost without it -lots of cricket stuff on it which he needs.

Do hope Margo is feeling a little better - thoughts are with her and anyone else who is suffering with illness etc.

Take care all.