Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 March 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

The New Moon (the dark Moon) is on Tuesday.

Last week's chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week. Spring is almost here!!!

• ANNETTE- I watch Downton Abbey. OH is not keen. He spent forty years of his life with the Crawleys of this world and could write a book about it. He admits though, that even in the fifties when he started  work as assistant factor for a Scottish Earl not unconnected with the Royal Family, life was not too dissimilar from that portrayed in the TV series.

• OG- Yes, the winkles were collected by us as children. 'Going winkling' was a regular thing. We lived on the Devon coast and the winkle beach was a short bus ride away. Likewise crabs but they were bought from the fish market. All local stuff.

• Linda has asked me to tell you that she has bought a goat, which she has called Gertrude.............. I think you may guess what it is.

Both she and her OH are relaxed and have visited various places. They are off to visit a coastal town tomorrow.  

• Yup, Annette, Lightning was being a wise ol' cat by choosing to leave your visitors alone. Raccoons are adorable, but they can be very fierce. They can bite and scratch ferociously, if they feel threatened. You folks should hear wild ones growl. Some of the raccoons on my patch are the size of bear cubs. :-)

• Annette and anyone interested: Today (Tuesday) there's a Total Solar Eclipse! The path of totality will take the moon's shadow across South East Asia. You can watch live coverage on NASA TV or the Slooh Observatory . I assume that AQ will be able to see the partial eclipse live where she lives.

Also, you might be curious to know that the U.S. Air Force has lost control of a primary weather satellite due to an unknown "anomaly", which is under investigation.

• Will catch up with everyone later.

Brenda: The flowers were beautiful.

Annette: I hope you're feeling much, much better!

• OG – I couldn’t bear to wash my hair daily, it doesn’t feel good until day2 or 3. Look after your back – it’s irreplaceable.

Diane – I would love love love you to get work in publishing, and raise the standard.

Annette – Downton A is still muddling along here. I don’t watch, just keep up with it via the trailers.

Dau suggested I swap nanny day to Wed, thus my holiday continues. Thank you all for good wishes for holiday. Weekend was great, interesting, lots to see, but I walked too far around Robe and hobbled thereafter! Lots of lovely old buildings, well cared for. Four churches (2 of them ex) planted on 3 hills, I walked to all. Bus took us to rugged coastline, winery. We escaped the horrid high temps in the city.

• AQ- How lovely that you have these extra days off, you may just need them so that you recover from the weekend trip.

BRENDA- Thanks for news of LINDY and for giving us the date of her return.

OG- You have made me want red cabbage! Of course, its another veg that my OH isn't keen on:-(. However, middle daughter likes it so I may make some for both of us. We especially like it with a little apple and spices and served with roast pork. In Denmark it is traditionally served with Christmas Dinner which is pork. (Well, are you surprised?!) Our younger Danish friends buy it ready made, in a jar. You see lots of it in the supermarkets there.

OH is planning to work in the garage this morning - a small painting job. He was pretty tired yesterday when he came in, had been on his knees pruning roses for a couple of hours.

• Good Morning Everyone. Just a white sky here at the moment, with glimmers of the sun and a cool breeze. A rather noisy morning though, with very large digger breaking up old bungalow's foundations and another digger trying to remove large tree stumps of old maple tree, previously chopped down by builder.

AQ, Pleased that your weekend was such a successful trip, but sorry that you had to resort to hobbling. Hope you will be fit enough for Wednesday, Nanny day.

Diane, I sent your eclipse information to our son, just in case he didn't know about it. Hope you are now feeling 100% again.

• Hi Heather, It seems from the weather forecasts that you have been having quite regular snow. Your OH seems to have the Spring gardening bug. I hope he doesn't do too much.  
    I love red cabbage.