RUTLAND MANTON BAY - MARCH 2016

The purpose of this thread is to record observations, activity and captures of Rutland’s Manton Bay nest throughout the season.

The nest at Manton Bay has been in use since 2007 and its history can be found here. 

I am sure I speak for us all in wishing Maya and Blue 33(11) a safe journey home and for another successful season at Manton Bay.

• Karen W said:
    I am sure I speak for us all in wishing Maya and Blue 33(11) a safe journey home and for another successful season at Manton Bay.

Yes, especially after how much she worried us last year!

• Thank you Karen - I better post or I'll be lost before the seasons even started.

Let's hope Maya gets back a bit earlier this year.

• Clare, Starling - I too hope she is back much earlier and 33(11) too!  I don't like for there to be too much time between female/male arrivals.  

• That's because we're so used to what EJ gets up to if Odin takes too long to return.

• Clare - so very true LOL.    

Have just had a quick look at the webcam as it was live around the 2nd last year and see this update on the webcam

Quote  "We are now looking forward with eager anticipation to the return of Maya and 33 in 2016.    The live camera will be back online on Saturday 12 March when the Lyndon Centre will re-open for the 2016 season."

I hope its up quicker  ... 

• I am so looking forward to seeing Maya and 33(11) this season, he turned out to be a great successor to 5R.  He was such a character, so many lovely memories of him last year, sitting side by side with Maya, and that capture of him coming into land when it looked like he was on stilts.  So many funny moments.   

• I too am looking forward to seeing them Mary and also your beautiful sunrises :-)   I really must make the effort to get up a bit earlier this year lol

The stilts - just thinking about it and I am ROTFL but 33 is really the sweetest osprey I have ever known.   I have never seen any other pair sit side by side.   Here is a capture I took of them sitting side by side last year and is one of my favourites

(c) Rutland

• I think I must have hundreds of captures of them sitting side by side Karen, it was hard to resist not taking them.   33(11) certainly loved to sit close by.  It was like he was in the first flush of adoration for Maya ha ha....   

• Thanks Karen for starting us off..

Memories start flooding back of so much excitement on this Nest, will the Geese return? only to be ousted(hopefully by this pair(sheila 6th April 2015)

and here are Keiths dates from last year

2014 - 17 March
    2013 - 21 March
    2012 - 23 March
    2011 - 28 March
    2010 - 5 April first pairs with 5R
    In 2009 she spent much time in the lagoon with Yellow 32 but they did not pair off.

and then future dates to maybe book a Tour 

So much to absorb, and hopefully we will witness another safe return and Season

• Thank you Karen for starting this thread.

Chloe started to record stats for Manton Bay last year.