Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 February 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY LEAP YEAR DAY (MONDAY)!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: This is the way that you encourage moles and gophers to leave your property. LOL LOL

Everyone have a wonderful week.

• ANNETTE - it was DIBNLIB who had heard from Rita - didn't pass on any news.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• When I returned from playing bowls, late afternoon, all I could see of the bungalow was separate mounds of mostly smashed  bricks/ roof tiles, windows and doors, loft insulation and wood/ roof timber. A fridge, freezer, aga, beds, various pieces of furniture. A separate lorry came to take away all the copper piping and hot water cylinder. It really is so sad to see. I guess they will start clearing the site completely tomorrow.

• Thanks OG.  Whale shift canceled due to pesky fog right off the beach!  Arghhh! Will pop down there later this week.  Fortunately we can see the fog bank from the front door....

Brenda: Gosh, a life swept away, just like that. But new memories will be made in the new house, eh?

• I do hate the waste, BRENDA, when houses are smashed up like that, when more materials could be recycled.  And it must be so sad for you to watch a neighbour's house (and memories) just disappear like that.

ANNETTE - sorry about the cancelled whale count.  Will be good if you can spot some informally later in the week when you can see there is no fog bank!

Meeting about jazz club was quite promising - but all the enthusiasts are so old ... .  I suppose that includes me!  We shall see whether ideas come to fruition.  Optician has referred J's eyes to the hospital yet again; expecting appointment in about six weeks.  He is getting some "time off in lieu" tomorrow (early finish) as he will be going into work for a meeting on his day off Wednesday.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• I’m on “holiday” from nanny duty. OH will do my Friday this week so I am fit for weekend bus trip to Robe. Dau suggested I should swap next Monday to Wed as she reckons I won’t be worth much to her after 2 days exploring! Last Fri was a bad afternoon when Miss4 came home from Kindy overtired & tantrums. Normally 2 days a week; twice a term she has a third day to make up the average 15 hours per week. Miss4 & MissJ had a fight over plastic buckets. There are 3, one each, but they both wanted the same one. Miss4 ran off dragging MissJ who didn’t suffer any damage, however (serve her right?) Miss4 split her toe on the pavers. Oh wails & yells & screams for the next hour. It continued through teatime. I left when s-i-l came home. I’ve since heard he convinced Miss4 to eat at least her broccoli as it would heal her toe. Next morn she announced it had worked! She proudly told everyone at a party later about broccoli. Dau said all the mums were trying not to laugh. Broccoli the Wonder Food. Yesterday nanny duty was busy with chores and much quieter but I am still feeling weary today. I am looking forward to posting other than nanny duty – this weekend can’t came soon enough.

• AQ: I'm a great believer in the healing powers of broccoli!  Do have a wonderful and very well deserved weekend bus trip.

• So. Did any of you folks in the Inverness/Aberdeen areas see that bright flash in the sky about 6:45 last night?

• Unknown said:
    I'm a great believer in the healing powers of broccoli!

I'm glad it's good for something as it tastes disgusting!!  Perhaps someone can make a suitable pill of it.

Good morning, all!  Hard to believe it's finally March.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare Bailey said:

I'm a great believer in the healing powers of broccoli!

I'm glad it's good for something as it tastes disgusting!!  Perhaps someone can make a suitable pill of it.

Good morning, all!  Hard to believe it's finally March.

[/quote]

Morning all

Just happened to see these posts I bought Son in Law this for a bad knee joint...(The grandchildren ran out the room, Daughter said never again, BUT Son in law said it worked, but has been banned using  it in the house, so he resorts to the the shed.CHOL:):)

Not sure if links allowed, look up 'Broccoli rub' (Dartmouth Devon

• Good Morning Everyone. A wet, windy, but milder morning. OH has an appointment have his hair cut at 9.30am and then we will go shopping.

Annette, Have just readout the ' bright light' over Scotland. Waiting to hear from our Inverness friends.

OG, I do hope the Jazz club 'takes off'. I know of a couple down this way, which are very successful.

AQ, Nothing worse than three children having tantrums at the same time. Glad you are going to have a week's rest. Love the broccoli story, but not sure I want to know about that 'Broccoli Rub', Kate, but if it it works then maybe LOL

A Happy St David's Day to any Welsh readers on here, who we haven't met yet.