Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 February 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

The Full Moon is Monday!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• My son is a brilliant cook but needs a slave to clear up after him. Eldest daughter is efficient at both, youngest daughter is an obsessive cleaner upper and her husband is a good cook. I haven't mentioned my dear middle daughter who is very willing but a bit cackhanded - her way of loading of a dishwasher is like nothing you have ever seen. My OH just about knows where the kitchen is and I try never to lose my sense of humour :-))))

• TRISH - Lovely to see you back on here!

• Morning all:  

Trish: Great to see you; must be almost osprey time!

OG: I'm not really tired oddly enough, but busy. I'll be driving to Santa Fe (via AZ) in New Mexico mid-April to meet my sister and BiL off the train from Chicago; they're flying to Chicago from Heathrow, then taking the train west. Then we'll come back via AZ to say Hi to family before heading to Palm Springs for two nights and then here for a week where I expect we'll all just loll about!

Re kitchens, I'm happy for anyone to take over my kitchen as long as they clean up behind them.  :-)

• Good morning all

It is a chilly -5 here but the sun is bright. I keep thinking about DIANE who was expecting a lot of snow and very low temperatures.

I hope that OG enjoyed her meal at the OTB and that BRENDA had a lovely day with her daughter,son in law and Ruby.

• Hi, all. Sorry I haven't been posting much. Life is challenging right now.

OG: I hope you enjoyed your meal at your favorite place.

Brenda: Hope you enjoyed your day with your family and Ruby. Pretty dog.

Hi, Trish. Nice to see you.

Heather: Most of the snow tracked north of me. I got only about 3 inches. Very heavy winds and ice, though. Warming up this weekend to spring temps. Yay! I hope your son-in-law is able to keep his employment. It seems really cruel that the employees must plead for their jobs. Very stressful for all of them.

Nobody else would want to cook in my filthy kitchen. :-(

Annette: Get some rest after our travels and don't try to do too much.

Margo: Thinking of you. I know it's a worrisome time.

Everyone take care!

• You are up late, DIANE. Sending good thoughts to you. I hope that your weather will soon settle down.

• Good morning.  The meal last evening was excellent, but we all agreed we had eaten too much, so have just had a late breakfast/early brunch, as Saturday is our normal cooked breakfast day.  Nothing really planned this weekend, so OH is screwing down some squeaky floorboards in preparation for when the new shower-room carpet comes.  I am having a nasty arthritis flare in my hands, so not doing much at all; I was fine until after I saw the nurse on Thursday – I think she must have inflamed those joints when she examined them!

Had good news from Granddaughter #1 this week – she has secured a job for next September – just an academic year as a House Tutor, but at a very prestigious girls’ school down south.  It is good that she has it lined up, as she is off to Switzerland tomorrow for three months at Guiding’s “Our Chalet”.  She has been having a sort of gap year since finishing her Psychology masters last summer, combining working for her parents, doing odd bits of research and invigilating exams at her old school.  She will do more of the same next summer, before moving to Wycombe, where she will be living in at the school.

Special thoughts and prayers for Margo and her OH this weekend as they await the bone marrow result.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG - Well done to your eldest granddaughter! Your mention of a chalet has reminded me of the Chalet School books by Elinor Brent Dyer - I was addicted to them in my early teens!

Glad that you enjoyed your meal last night and quite understand why you had a brunch instead of breakfast today.

Sorry to read about the flare up of arthritis :-(

OH swept up outside, it is cold but he thinks that it is warm in the sun...