Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 February 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

The Full Moon is Monday!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Evening all:

Margo: Sorry to hear it's another dreary worrying time right now.

Heather: A worrying time for your family too, what with insecurity in the oil business. Hope SiL escapes the chop.

Brenda: Thanks for letting us know Lindybird arrived safely.

OG: Good that your docs appointments are all organized.

Have read everyone's news but still playing catch up and also beginning to think about logistics for when my sister and B-i-L visit in April.

Have a good Friday all

• Good morning all – no frost at dawn, but a light grey sky.  We’ll see what sunrise brings!  I see on another thread that Beatrice has begun her northwards migration in Spain – her earliest yet, starting out 23rd Feb – but, of course, she always takes a break on the way!

Lynette – well done with the swim!  Pleased your OH got his appointment letter – and good timing for your Daughter to provide transport.  I assume this will be day surgery with local anaesthetic?

Annette – you still sound tired, do take care.  And remember that your Sister is coming to visit you, not a pristine house or weed-free garden – so don’t work yourself silly with preparations!

Now for breakfast!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Ironing done, shopping put away.  Sky still pale grey, so a bit warmer today.

Having dinner at the Old Toll Bar this evening - "Old Favourites" special; they do a Friday evening theme once a month or so.  Nice not to have to cook, but I do need to make and freeze some lamb burgers from the butcher's mince.

I hope BRENDA is enjoying time with her Daughter while sporting her new hairdo!

• Hello all

OG- enjoy your meal at the OTB! Are the three of you going?

Another good and bright day here. I did a supermarket shop while OH went to the papershop to pay the bill. Our order from Donald Russell came this morning so the big freezer looks respectably full again. I only ever buy when there are special offers on. The butchery firm (Inverurie) was founded by a cousin of OH which is why we have been faithful customers. They sold the business a couple of

years ago but we haven't noticed any decline in quality (yet!!)

No more news about son in law's job except that the HR dept are organising the teams. There will be one spokesman for each team, said person will attend all meetings and will be expected to fully participate and give good reasons why their team should survive. This could take a couple of months, during which time loads of families will be on tenterhooks.

Just heard that my children who live up North want to come here the weekend of Mothering Sunday and make a lunch. I am not to do a thing, apparently! I am pleased that they are not suggesting a restaurant meal, that would be very costly for them and I wouldn't be happy for them to spend that kind of money.

Hope that BRENDA is enjoying her family day and spoiling Ruby!

AQ- so sorry that you are having to do dog nannying:-( It does seem though that you and your OH are putting in a little less time? I hope so.

ANNETTE- here is hoping that you are suitably recovered from your days away and the driving etc. I post from memory so don't know if you've told us when in April your sister and OH arrive?

• Hi everyone!  It's been such a long time but the sight of a large bird flying very purposely high in the sky this morning made me wonder what's going to happen with this season's migration after such a mild winter and so of course I thought of you and what this year will bring for our LG family.

• Hello, Heather.  It’s always good to have a butcher you can trust – ours is a farm butchery, so the products are all local, and most grown by themselves rather than carted around the country via wholesalers – they don’t keep pigs, but only deal with one local pork and bacon producer – we have a pork joint for this Sunday.  Sorry SiL’s job uncertainty will take so long to be decided.  Are you happy for your family to take over your kitchen for Mothering Sunday?  I would hate that!

How good to see a post from you, Trish!  Not long to wait now for all the Ospreys to come flying in again.  How are you?  And how is Mia?  Is she still winning competitions?

• OG - What would you you dislike most about your children taking over your kitchen? :-)

Perhaps because most of us have always lived close to each other, they have carried on just as when they were young. The kitchen has always been a communal area and we all work quite happily in each other's kitchens.
  • Okay, HEATHER, I have to admit it!  I will not relinquish control of my kitchen!  Also, I know that the two girls would never be able to work together in the same kitchen, they are such different personalities and their own homes and lifestyles are worlds apart!

• OG we're fine thanks. Mia's part of the reason for my absence.  We're always so busy with her when we're not working it's hard to fit everything in.  She's still doing well competing.

Hope you're ok too.  

I've been to a butcher I really like today too.  I really fancied a stew the other day so just popped in to the supermarket to get some beef.  I could have re-soled my shoes with it even after a slow cook!  I've bought some proper stuff today.

• TRISH - pleased you and Mia are doing well!  You have come on here at a quiet time as LINDYBIRD (Linda) has just gone on holiday, ANNETTE is "recovering" from a fun time with her Great-Granddaughter in AZ, DIANE is battling power outages during a big freeze and, today, BRENDA is busy with her Daughter visiting for the day.  Also sending a PM if it will send!