Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 February 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• Well, its bright and sunny here.  Lovely.

Mid morning my OH was out in the garden with a new roll of wire netting, to put above a bit of fence at the very bottom of the garden, where Bonnie seems to aim her most determined attacks.  I went out to admire his handiwork and pointed out, laughing, that Bonnie had her head in the box of nails, to see if she could steal any!!

We both agreed that the garden looks pretty impenetrable, now.  Then he went to tidy up, and I went to examine the back gate as we'd been discussing whether to put up a new, higher one, just to be sure.  I heard a scrabbling noise and found that Bonnie was in the garden on the OTHER side from where we had been working. (the garden on our right, whereas we had been concentrating on the garden on our left).  She had been standing right beside me only seconds before....

He called her, and started to walk towards next door to ask them if he could get our dog out of their garden.  Meanwhile, I heard further scrabbling and she came back again, over the fence!!  

He has just gone out in the car to buy more posts and wire.....

• LINDY - She certainly keeps you on your toes! JR next door cannot escape, fences too high and a high gate between their back garden and the front drive. Fortunately they have a completely paved back garden, so he can't dig his way into ours :-)

• You would not believe how sturdy and how high the fences are, Heather!  She is one very determined young lady. She does try to dig under the fences, in various places, but has not succeeded (yet!!)

My OH is resting now after putting an extra row of battens on top of the new place where she has escaped. I know he's worried about all this, and getting frustrated.

I feel better physically, myself: I think I've been fighting off one of those head colds where you don't snuffle & sneeze, but get a bit of a headache and earache.

We're both ready now for our forthcoming holiday, I think.

• I wish I was coming too, LINDY! We enjoyed our break in November but.....

Can't remember exactly when you are going, think it is towards end of Feb?

We are planning Denmark in May. My brother wants us to come over to Brittany at some point but things have changed over there and my OH less keen, sadly.

• Morning all:  Thanks all for news and posts.

Lindybird: Love the name for the new baby. Ms. D's second name is Grace, but granddaughter's second name is Rose.  I like Amelia w/o the abbreviation - it's romantic.   Oh dear, at this point with Bonnie, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that OH had gone out to buy a gun. (Just kidding!)  :-)  Have you made any decision about where she'll stay when you're away?

AQ: Here's to cooler temps and feeling better.

Trying to get myself organized due to AZ trip on Wednesday. The kitchen sink has backed up and no amount of plunging is freeing it, so plumber on the list of folks to call and laundry that needs to be done is in a holding pattern....

• Ditto ANNETTE, I was cleaning the shower cubicle today, water wouldn't turn off. Power off and water still running. Phoned local firm who always respond quickly. Apparently the solenoid. They will get one by tomorrow with luck. Meantime, shower at your peril!! We only have one power shower, upstairs bathroom has an over the bath one which is very unpowerful!

• Heather: Water still running?  And will be until they show up with the fix? If so, please put extra water in buckets, parcel up and send here. :-)

• Unknown said:

Heather: Water still running?  And will be until they show up with the fix? If so, please put extra water in buckets, parcel up and send here. :-)

LOL, Annette!  Sorry to hear you've got plumbing problems, too.

How is Lightning?

EDIT:   We've been talking to sis-in-law about Bonnie, and we've all agreed that Bonnie should spend her time whilst we're away, being spoilt by her, but under close, strict supervision!!

• Heather -  Hope they can sort out your shower.

• Was a real gardening day, then a full evening, so will be back tomorrow, not tonight!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!