Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 February 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• Evening all:

Diane: Thank you, but don't feel you have to start the thread every week dearie. I'm happy to do it, albeit without posh links!  

Margo: I expect you'll get a welcome boost after the transfusions on Tuesday. In the meantime, more time with your OH, a yummy dinner - I love lemon tart! - and red roses have undoubtedly lifted your spirits.  Hugs to you and then some!

Lindybird: I bought a Valentine's card a while back - now I have to figure out where I hid it.  We'll go out for a non-V-Day dinner when I get back from Arizona.  Love the sound of  balsamic onion and chedder tart.  How old is Amber? Didn't she just arrive?!  Do hope your OH has solved the Bonnie problem.

OG: Have you deleted all those ducks, herons, etc...?  :-)  

Wendyb: I remember the crunch of snow underfoot. :-)  

Brenda: Am checking options at other motels, but still planning the trip. (At least this evening.)

Had a nice potter-about day today; another one planned tomorrow.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Hi, Annette. I don't mind starting the new threads at all, but I'm going to start waiting until much later to do it, though. I've been starting them at midnight, U.K. time, but I think that the tech folks are trying to do maintenance/back-ups at that specific time. I don't want to cause problems for them. If you come online at some point and want to start a thread, you can. No worries, either way.

• Now, now, girls, no fighting over who's first <big grin>

• AQ: Ha-ha. I think we're more concerned that the other doesn't feel obligated to start the thread. :-)

• aquilareen said:

Now, now, girls, no fighting over who's first <big grin>

:-D. :-D :-D

• Good Morning, and Happy Valentines Day!!

• Good morning everyone

We have snow, youngest granddaughter in Elgin (Isla) can't wait to get outside! Her dad's flight out of Aberdeen to Frankfurt was slightly delayed because of snow but his connecting flight to Paris isn't until lunchtime,so no worries. Then he has to drive to Calais for work. It was cheaper to fly business on that route than go to Paris from UK economy with another airline.

I think that Wendy will be needing her logs today! I've put a portable heater into the kitchen, we have a kickboard heater in there but it died last year and can't be repaired. Most of the time I don't miss it,the kitchen is quite small.

• Hi, all.

Margo: I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day. I'm glad that your OH will be able to spend more time with you. Thinking of you.

Heather: I will take a look at the church. It sounds lovely.

OG: I think the U.K. has banned the type of mothballs that I use to repel mice from my car. They're toxic, but I can't afford to have critters destroying my wiring, etc. These mothballs are really stinky! I hope your skin is improving rapidly now. On the same day you had computer trouble, I had to go searching the house for a different computer mouse, because my relatively new one gave up. Many sweary words.

Lindy: Congrats to little Amber for taking her first steps!

Brenda: That photo of Penny is wonderful! LOL Hope the leaning trees can be removed without mishap.

AQ: Those twins are so danged cute! Hope you're feeling better.

Clare: Glad you liked the raven/owl video. Hope all is well with you and Limpy. I loved your photos!

Annette: I hope you have a great visit with your family in Arizona!!! Safe travels whenever you decide to go. I also hope that you will have a quiet hotel with no rogue young people making noise and chaos.

You're right that it's cold here. It was 1 F or minus -17.2 C Saturday morning with a wind chill "feels like" temp of minus -14 F or minus -25.5 C. We have a weather advisory today because heavy snow is moving in. I shouldn't have to shovel though, because it's supposed to begin a warm up on Monday.

Hello to Lynette, Rita, Rosy, George, dibnlib, Wendy, and everyone.