Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 February 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

HAPPY NEW MOON on Monday!

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR -- The Year of the Monkey -- on Monday!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Everyone have a great week!

• Been suffering from withdrawal as my PC has problems with MS Edge today - then suddenly realised I could have been using the wee one instead.  Slow tying on the different keyboard, but at least I can let you know all is well, but busy.  Will prepare a proper post in Word and send later!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• I spoke to Margo this morning. As well as the chemo, she had a further blood test yesterday and will get the results late this afternoon. She will be posting.

• Lovely to see you have had such good family news, Linda. Very happy for the couple.

OG, You have been such a 'marvel' throughout your treatment, that I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you actually need a rest, some day :-))
    We went out for lunch at Merriments and as I couldn't share some of your date and ginger cake, I chose some for my sweet today. The cake was lovely, but they served it with a toffee sauce, which was far too sweet for me. I couldn't finish it. 

• PC sorted!  Had problems with printer over last two days, so decided solution was to get a new one (cheaper than repair); unplugged the old one, and with that off the network, MS Edge came right without any action from us!  OH will collect new printer on Monday, but J’s is available on the network if needed.

Will have to look in diary to see what we have done since my last full post, which seems to have been Wednesday afternoon, following which we seem to have had a lazy evening – think we were sorting more photos, filling the gap between 2011 where we reached before, and 2014 and 15 which we recently did backwards; why did we feel a need to take about 50 pictures of cormorants in the trees and around a pond?  Yesterday was cleaning day, so while OH did the bedrooms, I “ran” round living rooms with a duster, and then did some ironing.  In the afternoon he found us a new, and more convenient dentist, where a previously private one (with ground-floor facilities for me) here in Annan has been taken over by one offering NHS!  First (new patient) appointments 2nd March, whereas I was still awaiting a date form the other one!  Then we fitted in some garden time; okay, it was in the greenhouse, but lovely to get something done!  Today involved cleaning the study, making meat loves and burgers to freeze and other general pottering about.

Brenda – still haven’t received the new skin treatment I ordered, but there is some new skin growing and much less painful.  I am surprised that Penny doesn’t get sunburn on her pale tummy, lying on the veranda like that!  Pleased owner of woodland and the leaning tree was so helpful and co-operative.  We do sometimes have the date and ginger cake with a toffee sauce as a kind of “poor man’s sticky toffee pud” – but I don’t often do desserts.  I’m not really very busy – remember my “active” is very slow and constrained by the arthritis, so I am not rushing about like normal mortals!

Lynette – are you feeling any better yet?  I hope the eye infection cleared up fully.

AQ – sorry about the virus – hope you are getting over it now.  You will probably get some immunity from the kindergarten/school bugs after a couple of years!  Lovely pics of the two little ones – getting more alike as time passes, it seems.

Annette – we don’t do anything about Valentine’s Day – I utter a bigger “Bah Humbug” than on any other card-manufacturers’ money-making days!  So, do you think that you have seen the last of the El Nino rains in California, that you are checking your irrigation for spring/summer?

Dibnlib – if you have an overnight stop somewhere on the way to or from visiting OH’s family down south, do you think you might have time for a cup of coffee on the way there or back?  Sorry we can’t offer a bed, but as you know J came back and occupied what was the spare bedroom!  Pleased you have had better dog-walking weather and that Benson approved!  Hope you enjoyed your lunch out.

Linda – I hope your OH has finally tamed the beast, with the netting above and below the fences!  Wendy’s tip about diet and E-numbers could be very helpful – maybe she is just hyperactive!

Heather – congrats to young Callum – and his ability to drive will presumably be an asset to his employer, too!

Clare – LOL at the Collar Doves!  Various birds here seem to be pairing up for spring.  Hope you had a good Minsmere day today.

Margo – another chemo week over – and I hope the blood report was good.

Well, this is probably now too long for you to read, but I did want to try to reply to you all!

• PS - forgot to mention, my typing was interrupted by our undertaker/baker bringing Cheese Scones and some wonderfully light Viennese Fingers!

• Evening all:  Been discombobulated last few days. Woke up at 2:30 a.m. last night (well, at least it wasn't 4 a.m., which was the case earlier in the week) and finally got back to sleep sometime after 4 only to be awakened by pesky car alarm up the street not long after. Argh...

Heather: Porter Ranch gas leak is fixed - that's the word anyway, though there's lots of ongoing rumbling from politicos, residents, etc. Rancho Mirage and that whole area is very nice - in the winter.  Nobody asked, but I'd be careful setting a precedent paying for Callum's auto insurance, especially if he's managing to cope right now - Lord knows where that could end up!   Maybe buy him a tank of gas now and then?  :-)

dibnlib: Hope the pool showers get fixed soon.

Lindybird: Your OH especially needs something to smile about after all his trials with Bonnie (what is baby's name?).

Brenda: Thanks for the latest on Margo.

OG: Wow. Another productive day at your house. I've been poking about here doing a little bit of this and that each day, but did manage to repot some succulents this afternoon.  Good that your skin is making a comeback; do you know how long it'll be before it's all cleared up? You're correct in that I'm anticipating not a lot of rain from now on. Sigh. They're forecasting showers for next week, but....  

Looks like Diane is in for even more cold weather.

I'm supposed to be going to Arizona next week for a few days to visit granddaughter and Ms D. I was going last week, but couldn't get a hotel room because of a state-wide highschool wrestling competition (no spare room at granddaughter's digs). Just as well coz I wouldn't have fancied dealing with a hotel full of muscle-bound testosterone-fueled young men. Today I called to make reservations and found out that there's a 10-day state-wide highschool basketball tournament starting the day I plan to arrive and hotels are filling up fast. I did manage to get a reservation, but not sure I want to cope with hordes of young people rushing to and fro up and down corridors late at night. Had that experience a few years back during a visit and it was a zoo!

Have a good Saturday everyone.

• Good Morning. Dry again but very grey.

Annette-  New babe's name not announced yet, but expect to hear soon. Don't blame you for wanting a quiet hotel room! Sorry you've been having broken nights, it's so tiring.

• Good morning.  Looks like our fourth dry and sunny day; the sky is a wonderful shade of peach as the sun comes up, and no frost.  Hoping to work in the greenhouse again later - sorting through the over-wintered survivors, and OH is aiming to empty some leftover pots from last year.  Right now, he is attempting to make waffles to have with bacon and maple syrup - J's suggestion, but haven't seen him so far!

Have a good weekend!

• Good morning all results of blood test not good, HB has dropped a lot. Will be having another transfusion onTesday together with platelet transfusion as they are now low. Not the best news at all but I am trying not to worry but it is difficult. Feeling very tired so sleeping a lot. OH is now doing a 4 day week with plans in place to spend more time together.

Not a lot else to say apart from thanking you all for your continued support.

Take care all.

Margo x

• Good to hear from you, Margo. Glad that your OH will be able to be with you more.  {{HUGS}}