RUTLAND OSPREY PROJECT 2016

This is a continuation from Rutland Osprey Project 2015

• Thankyou Vespa Crabro for that helpful information :) A good return rate for Rutland.

Has Rutland reached saturation point in terms of osprey population?

Very good news that a new pair has been established

• Hazel b said:

I have record of 2 other Rutland chicks returning in previous years. 8F(12) and 1K(13). Not sure whether they were seen a Rutland or elsewhere

8F (12) was seen at Rutland in 2014 and 2015

1K (13)  was seen in Belgium  in 2015 

[/quote]Thanks Tiger, I'd got record of 8F(12) in 2014 but missed the mention in 2015. Hopefully 1K(13) gets back to Rutland this year.

• Am happy to see that 30 05 is breeding.  And fantastic to hear so many back.  Sad the main pair both lost though.

• I think all the trouble at Nest B last year took a bigger toll than we perhaps realized

• Latest osprey news....  Beautiful Dawn

As well as a summary of today's action with lots of lovely photos and videos of the Manton Bay pair, there is also a video featuring 51(11) and 3J(12) at Lagoon 4.

Kayleigh also mentions in the blog there are no eggs yet :-(

• Maya incubating with the familiar shaft of sun hopefully heralding a fine day.

• Thanks MIKE I'll have a read when I've done the rounds

• Sadly things have not worked out on lagoon 4

Link to latest blog ... Walk like an Egyptian

Blog contains some fabulous photos.  But what a shame ...  I never knew those geese could be so aggressive!  

• Thank you for the link Karen.  What a shame, it sounds like this might be an ongoing problem.