Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 December 2015

Last week's Chat thread is HERE. Please check back for some posts from old friends.

This is the last thread of the year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I wish everyone a new year of happiness, contentment, and love. You are all dear to me, and I cherish your friendship as we begin another year together! Have a wonderful 2016!

Blue Sky and Double Rainbows
Laysan Island, Northwestern Hawaiian Islands
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Happy New Year! everyone. Have a brilliant 2016!

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Hello!!  Just going to bed after a long but pleasant evening.

A Happy & Healthy New Year to Everyone :-))

• A very happy new year to you all.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Best wishes to all you dear people for a full and happy 2016. You are a great bunch!

Diane:  Darn it - do hope you don't have to go through too many bad storms like that.  Peanut seemed rather lethargic this morning, but has been squeaking for lettuce today so am hoping he was just having an "off" day.

Rosy: Fascinating about Stonehenge in the (comparatively) old days. Can you imagine being handed a chisel?  It's amazing the Elgin Marbles are still in one piece. :-)    Oh I'm brilliantly unimaginative with carrots and most everything else. But roasted, pickled, candied and then cooked?  Will put that on my list of Things Not To Try.   Will also have to look for that "new" charcoal next time I'm in Whole Foods.  :-))

Heather: A special New Year's Get Well Wish for you and your OH.

bjane: Thanks so much for the info on the Amazon Fire Stick!   I had no idea. I'll definitely check into it. :-)

AQ:  Sydney puts on an amazing firework show every year.  Hope you'll get some rest this week.  Any more outings planned?

Just watched them ring in the new year in New York - a quintessential NY-type of celebration! Three hours to go for us here on the West Coast; doubt I'll be staying up that late.  Grandson will be stopping by early in the morning en route to Arizona to see his Mom, sister and Ms. D, and is going to drop off his Mom's house key so I can give the place a look over before she returns in another week or so and to collect some tangerines I picked from our tree this morning to take to them. So. Will say goodnight and farewell to 2015.....

• I was alone last night as Daughter and Grandaughter returned to Buckingham but with plans to visit again soon now that Nanny lives near the seaside. I stayed up and had a good view from my kitchen window of the fireworks on the beach.

May 2016 be a good one for all.

• Good Morning Everyone. A frosty morning, but it looked lovely with the sun shining.

Just OH and I last night, but he still performed the first footing, returning with a piece of coal, fruit cake, and hansel money. We have kept one piece of coal for years, just for the new year celebrations. Lovely to see the fireworks around the world. London was excellent.

• A very Happy New Year to all!

OH and I went to bed early but got up to see the firework display from our bedroom window.

It is a cold 0.3° here at the moment,no tangerines growing here, ANNETTE :-(

• Good Morning.  Just coming to after 'resting' longer than usual, following our late night. Always fun to see all the various celebrations around the world: those caught up in the big hotel fire in Dubai were very lucky to escape with their lives, too.

Not many plans for today, may find time to go through our big wardrobe and do some 'flinging' as we do seem to be snowed under with stuff! We're invited to a neighbours this afternoon, just for a coffee or something stronger, but at the moment I'm trying to get up enthusiasm for any breakfast!

• A VERY HAPPY AND PEACEFUL 2016 TO ALL READERS AND THEIR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS.

Click on Stirling Castle for a musical New Year Greeting

• Happy new year to all.

from Clare,Helen & limpy.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here