Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 December 2015

Last week's Chat thread is HERE. Please check back for some posts from old friends.

This is the last thread of the year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I wish everyone a new year of happiness, contentment, and love. You are all dear to me, and I cherish your friendship as we begin another year together! Have a wonderful 2016!

Blue Sky and Double Rainbows
Laysan Island, Northwestern Hawaiian Islands
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Happy New Year to AQ! Until tomorrow- thank you ALL for the very special friendship that we have shared in 2015.

OH and I are barricaded in the house with our germs! No visitors by our request but keeping in touch with both families by phone and email.

• I will be cosy at home. OH is working at 9pm until 0130 and will be going to the celebrations at Bught park with the person he supports.  There is a ceilidh at the chuch we go to but i am wimping out. We wish you all a Very happy New Year.

• Happy New Year to you all..

Lovely walk with youngest OH and Daisy to view the river. Daisy grumpy as all the fishers picnic benches are under water.

Lots of digger work as some locals have been without water for 5 days which is the one downfall of private water. Luckily we are OK.

Themselves have enjoyed roast rib of beef with all the trimmings and luckily I love all the trimmings.

Beach walk tomorrow lunch booked for Saturday and daughter will leave 5 am Sunday.

We then get together with her sister for a week on Lundy... So excited....

• Annette and Diane: You can buy the Amazon Fire Stick from Amazon for $39.95 (sometimes less when it's on sale). This plugs into one of the HDMI ports on your TV. Easy installation, just follow directions. (I did it myself). Please buy the stick from Amazon then it will be recognized easily when installed. You can get Netflix and Amazon Prime videos when activated. Netflix costs $7.99 a month for one TV and an extra dollar for each additional TV if they are used simultaneously. Netflix give a 30 day free trial to see if you like it. Most Masterpiece Classics are on there, complete seasons of TV series, cooking shows, etc. I am almost positive that you would like it. Save loads of money over buying or renting DVDs as it's just the one monthly payment and unlimited viewing.

• HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Thank you Linda & Heather. It is very quiet here (7.50 am), not surprising considering the noisy pops & bangs at midnight plus.
    Margo - Special wishes for your New Year.
    Not forgetting OG, Brenda, Clare, Limpy, Lynette, Dibnlib, Wendy, Harelady, Rosy, bjane, Sheila.
    And of course Annette & Diane who are still catching up!!
    I hope I haven’t missed someone.

• Thank you, AQ. Happy New Year to you, your OH and all your family.

I have just seen the Sydney fireworks. Fantastic.

• Oh dear - looks like I missed a bunch of posts, including Diane's of earlier today. Will give everything a closer look when I catch up tonight.

Went to gym and watched the hotel fire in Dubai - quite dramatic - then the fireworks!  The TV anchor was asking a reporter in Dubai if he thought the authorities would go ahead with the firework show and  could that be a bad decision? The reporter answered that he'd made a living out of going to places where people made bad decisions, which I thought was funny.

Will catch up later!

• Giving up - going to bed!  Exhausted.  BUT, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• A HAPPY NEW YEAR

May all that you wish for yourself, become a reality.

Thank you for your continuing friendship.  X