Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 December 2015

Last week's Chat thread is HERE. Please check back for some posts from old friends.

This is the last thread of the year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I wish everyone a new year of happiness, contentment, and love. You are all dear to me, and I cherish your friendship as we begin another year together! Have a wonderful 2016!

Blue Sky and Double Rainbows
Laysan Island, Northwestern Hawaiian Islands
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Thanks for starting a new weekly chat, Diane. When I saw the mail alert I was a bit confused for a couple of seconds. Its amazing how easy it is to forget what day of the week it is at this time of year.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• So nice to see you, Paul. This is our last thread of the year. I can't believe it's the end of the year already. The older I get, the faster time flies.

So glad you received a new tablet. I hope life is treating you well!

• My heart goes out to all those facing adversity tonight. My thoughts are with:

• Everyone in the U.K. who is facing danger and property destruction from the heavy rains and terrible flooding.
    • Everyone in Australia and California who is facing danger and property loss from the spreading, explosive wildfires.
    • Everyone in the U.S. facing the awful flooding and tornadoes or the blizzards of winter storm Goliath.  
    • Everyone throughout Europe who is under the newly declared terror threat this week.

These are strange days, indeed.

I hope all of you on this forum stay safe.

• Evening all: Laundry done and now folded into neat well behaved piles.  Ironing on the agenda for tomorrow. It doesn't get much more exciting than that!

Diane: Didn't even realize it was Saturday until I saw the new thread. You're a champ!  And what a lovely card - and sentiment. :-) Thank you.

Brenda: Have a great time with the family. And thank you for not spilling the beans on the Downton finale - the final season starts here this Sunday (tomorrow!) so I'll be tuned in through to the bitter end.

Harelady: Wonderful to see you and congrats on being back near the ocean.  I hope you're close enough that you can smell it.

Heron!  My goodness. Talk about a blast from the past!  Great to know you escaped the Woodpeckers. I have a tired old laptop. I was looking at tablets, but I really do need a keyboard....

SheilaFE: Another lurker out from the shadows. I love it!  Hope you're keeping well and that 2016 will be a good year.

Limpy: Good to see you. Are you still lurking at Minsmere?

Lindybird: Your nephew sounds like he's worked himself into the perfect job - what a great experience he's getting. Oh I hate that "wound up" feeling the night before a busy day. Hope you slept well.

WendyB: Good to read your daughter safe but what a horrible drive. I bet you were chewing your nails all the time she was on the road.

OG: My OH finally agreed to hand over a really messy file for me to sort out today. I can't believe how many copies of the same document he likes to keep. All redundant docs are now safely shredded and remaining papers organized. I'm hoping this will lead to bigger and better clean out sessions.

Am a bit worried about Peanut - I hear him wheezing a bit while he's breathing.

Am not making the trip to Fresno area on Monday to see my Seattle friend. She called and apparently the furnace in her sister's house has gone out, there's no heat downstairs where I would be sleeping and it's been below freezing there. She'll be down again in the spring, so we agreed that sounded a lot more appealing. I'm not really bothered - have a lot to do around here. Daughter will be back from Arizona on the 9th and rumor has it granddaughter will be driving back with her for a super-quick visit (no Ms. D this time though).

Have a good Sunday all.

• Good Morning, and thanks to Diane once again for starting us off on a new week; the last of this year already! What a beautiful card and sentiments, Thank You!  I like to think that what we have on this thread is something rather special.

• Sorry that Peanut sounds a bit wheezy. Hope it's just temporary, Annette. Was also sorry to hear that your trip has had to be cancelled.

It's a nice way to approach the end of the year by hearing from some of our old friends - any more out there, lurking??!!

We moved a whole lot of stuff around yesterday as Amber will be sleeping in her travel cot in our study room, rather than sharing her parents room. As the study has been a bit of a dumping ground, we threw out some things (who needs that many plastic bags, anyway, LOL!) and also moved some old boxes into the garage. Some of them contain papers which "need sorting, some day" so in the New Year I really must get started on them.

Speaking of New Year, like others I really can't believe it's almost here once again: this year has gone even quicker than the last, which for us was a busy & swift part of our lives.

Speaking of which, I must get going!!

• A very nice start to the week, Diane. Your words are perfect, as are your further thoughts.

Greetings to all those who I have not 'met' before.

Sorry to read about poor Peanut, Annette. I hope his breathing improves.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

• Thank you Diane for starting us off and with some thought-provoking words.

Greetings to all the lurkers. Good to "see" you.

I’ve been lazing the last few days, enjoying the cooler weather which is not going to last (38 C for NYE & NYD). Our state has only had minor fires unlike Victoria where 116 houses known to be lost. Great Ocean Road (tourist route) closed. That bushfire expected to burn for weeks as it’s in inaccessible country. I put my hand up for a few hours nanny duty tomorrow. Since the Wee Ones have had multiple visits with relatives over weekend, I expect some frazzled hours.

• Was sorry to hear about the really bad fires, AQ.  Shocking. 

Hope your nanny duty is punctuated by sleeping children due to their tiredness, rather than fractiousness instead!

Our family arrived late this afternoon, tired after a journey of over five hours which usually takes our son about three when he comes alone. The roads were very busy, & at present there are several stretches of roadworks with slow speed restrictions.  Had a nice roast pork meal and all opened our presents, of course Amber was more interested in the patterns on the paper than the books & toys therein. Then she started to try to open everyone else's presents, as the ripping paper was the best bit!!