Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 December 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

I am celebrating the return of the light! The Winter Solstice is Monday night/Tuesday morning. The exact time is:

U.K.: 22 December at 4:48 a.m.
Eastern U.S.: 21 December at 11:48 p.m.
California: 21 December at 8:48 p.m.

Happy Summer Solstice to AQ in Adelaide, Australia (22 December at 3:19 p.m.), although I know you are already in the midst of a sweltering hot summer.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and holidays full of joy and peace!

Geese at sunrise
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service photo
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Lindybird, I agree with Margo. Butter wouldn't melt in the mouth.

Best Wishes, Margo.

• Lindybird: My goodness - a piece of furniture in your house with no obvious signs of chewing!  :-)  Lovely shots.

George: Have a lovely Christmas.

Off to do errands, back later....

• Left this late this evening (has to count for yesterday too).  All well at Carlisle visit with CT scan and tattoo dots.  Starting treatments on 7th January, so being with two days on then two days off - and will finish inside that month.  Start is 9 weeks after surgery, which seems unusual, but am of course already being protected by the medication!

DEXA scan at Dumfries tomorrow, and chiropodist in the afternoon for us both, so don't know when I will make replies - haven't even properly read the posts today!  Just spent over an hour talking with Dau#2!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Very windy and wet today, but I had to go out and pick up a present for friend, who drove OH to the hospital last week and insists that he will do the same for the next appointment.

Linda: They really are lovely photographs of Bonnie. Her eyes are so innocent looking.

George: So pleased that you enjoyed your time with your nephew and his daughter. A six month gap without seeing a child, can be very surprising when you finally do see them. The weather doesn't look as if it is going to improve for Christmas. The forecast does seem to be, rain and wind all this week.

OG: I am sure that a long talk to your Daughter is just what the Dr ordered. Carlisle seem to be looking after you, but that sounds a very tiring course of treatment. Best wishes for tomorrow's bone density check. At least the chiropodist will make you feel as though you are walking on air.  

Sleep well everyone.

• OG:   Good to hear that all went well with your Carlisle trip.  Now we have another tattooed lady!!  Nice that you get Christmas "off" and can relax hopefully, before you begin the next stage.  

You sound as busy as ever.  Hope all goes well with tomorrow's appointments, too.

EDIT - Dont worry about replies or keeping up with the thread!

• Unknown said:

Lindybird: My goodness - a piece of furniture in your house with no obvious signs of chewing!  :-)  Lovely shots.

Annette:   The chairs have to be wiped down regularly, as the leather will not let me put a cloth over them, they would just slip off.  Or Bonnie would just chew the covers!!   Notice how bare the windowsills are.....  no ornaments, and I only have a lamp and one plant pot.

• Brenda:  Hope all went well with your OH today.  Wet & windy here, too.  Ugh!

• I've been fiddling about with emails and photographs because I know I won't have time tomorrow.

Here are a couple from last Saturday, with my little imps!

• Hello Diane, not been on for a week so am playing catchup. Won't read all last weeks but will catch up with posts so far.

Thanks for the card for the Winter Solstice - winter starts tomorrow and it can only get better,  we hope!!!!!!

AQ - feel for you. Just had an email from my cousin in NZ and they are going over to Sydney with her dau and family to be with her son and his family.  Quite a gathering and will be going to one of the beaches there - Boomerang. Do hope there will be no more fires now and that the weather will calm down. El Nino has been particularly eratic this year.

• Hello George - do have a lovely Christmas.  Weather has been changeable down here too.

In case I don't come on here again before Christmas - I wish you all a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A PEACEFUL NEW YEAR.