Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 December 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat Thread is here.

I hope everyone is enjoying the season.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Evening all:  Another busy day, but did manage to get Lightning to the vet and can stop the insulin shots for a couple of weeks as things looked good and vet thought perhaps her system has kicked back in following removal of abscessed teeth, but will stick with new food and another blood test in a couple of weeks.  

Margo:  My goodness, turkey and gammon on the menu and you've marzipaned the cake. And icing too!  I doubt I could carry that off successfully under any circumstances.   So nice that your OH had a good time at the company. I do like the sound of that bobble hat. Also pleased to know that Billie is continuing to do a good job of keeping you company. Fingers crossed that Monday and Tuesday will be reassuring.  Huge fat hugs to you and your OH.

AQ:  I'm sure I say it every year, but can't imagine shopping and doing Christmas prep in that heat.  We now have normal "winter" weather, but still awaiting El Nino.

Mrs. T.  Happy Christmas to you and yours.

Heather: Oh dear, another "older people" condition - I have that too; it must go along with not enjoying trendy eateries.

Brenda: Hope OH's eye sorts itself out. If all it took to make me feel "respectable"  was a haircut, I'd go every week.

OG: Ah so! You are human after all.  I'm hope you'll take your own advice the rest of the week and not do too much.

Lindybird: Please take OG's advice to us all and don't do too much. Have a safe ride tomorrow; hope the traffic is kind.  

Rosy: Paris!!  I'm soooooo jealous. I don't even have relatives with exciting lives that I can pop into now and then.  Will you be traveling over the Christmas weekend or staying at home (I forgot if you told us - sorry).  I'm on here every day and still can't keep up!

Who are we missing? Rita? Diane is probably chatting with RT Hawk and his missus. Who else?

• Margo: I'm glad that the transfusion has kicked in and you're feeling better. I hope you have a lovely Christmas. Best to you, your wonderful OH, and Billie.

• Lindy: Have a great time with your family. Safe travels.

Brenda: I hope your OH's eye pressure diminishes. Glad you got your hair cut. I'm going to cut mine on Monday (the Solstice).

AQ: Can't imagine that kind of heat at Christmas time. Stay cool.

OG: Have a good time at the Farmers' Market. Don't overdo the activity.

Rosy: Glad you had a lovely time in Paris.

Heather: I hope the prescription gel will work effectively.

Annette: So pleased that you can stop the insulin shots for Lightning. I hope her system has balanced, and you won't have to administer them anymore.

Hi to Rita, WendyB, George, dibnlib, and all.

• Hello everyone

I am so sorry about my lack of posts. Not as skilled at multi tasking as some :-(

I usually read all your news early morning and then again at night,when in bed. Good old Kindle Fire!

I've finished what I had to do up at the Home and have been sorting out Sheana's journals and albums. Her nephew won't be here until 5th January. Funeral is on the 6th. I am joint Executor with him (didn't know that until earlier this year and neither did nephew). I was going through Sheana's box of tricks at her request.She had difficulty closing the lid due to hoarding stale biscuits wrapped in tissues, teaspoons etc filched from the Home, etc etc and there was an unopened letter from her solicitor dated well over a year before. I don't know why said gentleman had not informed me or the nephew.

Regarding the funeral arrangements, Sheana had planned it all,years ago. I did know about that. So it's really just been a question of liaising with the Funeral Director and Solicitor and nephew has been doing that by email and copying me in.

No presents wrapped yet,son and family arrive tomorrow. I'd better get a move on before Sam sees things!

Thank you all for your news. Thank you MARGO for your long post - I chuckled at the thought of a tipsy OH in his Christmas hat.

Thinking about you all and the different events in your lives, both good and not so good.

Must fly, Amy and Callum are leaving today to spend a few days with their Dad.

Have a good day ALL

• Good Morning ALL. I am enjoying this mild weather. I don't want a white Christmas with all the problems that, that will bring with it. I have noticed that the fields have had enough rain though and the excess water is now draining onto the roads.

Annette, That is good news about Lightning and I hope she won't need anymore insulin in the future.

Rosy, What a lovely time you had in Paris. We used to have a niece, who had an apartment in Paris, but they have recently sold it. They spent most of the summer there. We went a few years ago, in February, and it was so cold. I won't make that mistake again.

Diane, Good to hear from you. Watch what you do with the scissors when cutting your hair :-)))

• Heather, Life does seem to have been rather hectic for you. Enjoy having your son with you.
    Pleased to see that all is now arranged for Sheana's funeral. 

• Quiet on here again, as it often seems to be on a Saturday.

We are safely back, clutching our Chr. presents from the family after a lovely day. One very excited little boy, and another who alternated between grinning at everyone and crying for Mum with arms outstretched, because of his sore gums! 

Managed to see some of the recording of Tomasz performing in his first Christmas play:  he was never still, and turned his back on the audience when he was interested in the goings on behind him!  Said his lines properly, though, and did most of the actions he was supposed to!  Very cute little girls in the play, plus some boys who looked bored with the whole proceedings, LOL!!

Off to bed now, tired but happy..... hope some of my pics of grandchildren wearing silly antlers have come out......

Oh, and the traffic was not too bad....

• Lindy: Glad you had a lovely time.

Brenda: My haircuts are always a mystery. Sometimes I do a fine job. Other times...not so much. LOL