Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 December 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat Thread is here.

I hope everyone is enjoying the season.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Good evening – been a bit silly today and tried to do far too much.  I have been taking on some of OH’s usual tasks to leave him free for painting, as well as doing extra cooking for Christmas.  Result was I fell apart this afternoon, with exhaustion and dehydration!  Much better now, and all enjoyed the chicken casserole I had made, mostly using leftovers from the freezer!

Heather – Diclofenac sounds a strange alternative to the cryotherapy, but as long as it works , much less risky near the eye!

Brenda – sorry about your OH’s ongoing pressures – but pleased op not needed for the cyst at this time.  You will see above that you were correct about me not taking my own advice - but I do know I shall be forced to slow down during and after treatments!

Lockerbie Christmas Farmers’ Market tomorrow; will be bigger than normal monthly market, on two floors of the Town Hall – there is a lift.  We shall go along, but only have a couple of necessities listed.  Hoping to buy local Brussels on the stem, as they keep well when we can’t predict exact numbers we may eat.  There will probably be a lot of jewellery and chocolate which will not interest us, and we have pre-ordered some baking from the baking lady (the undertaker) who will bring it here next week!  So mostly we shall be browsing and not intending to stay out long.

Have a good weekend, All, and safety when travelling.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Sorry I never got back to do any posting;  its been a mad day here, I have been picking my way between the various cardboard boxes of decorations not yet put up, to find all the things I have and have not wrapped for the family. We go to the Midlands again tomorrow, to give our Youngest and his family their presents:  they will open some with us, and take the rest to their other set of grandparents for Christmas.

This morning I popped out to hand deliver a whole lot of cards to old friends in the town. Then I set to, to try and remember from two whole piles of books I had bought, which was meant for which grandchild!  I hadn't wrapped them yet as I was expecting another delivery from Amazon today.  That arrived late afternoon, so All sorted and wrapped now, and on the side I still have half a boxful which I decided were too old for them yet, and can be kept for next year!

Glad to see a nice post from Margo (glad you are enjoying your Advent calendar, Margo).  Also to see that Heather is OK after decisions about her eyebrow problem. 

OG:   My OH found that he was not particularly tired after the radiotherapy, and my Friend was only slightly affected.   Everyone is different, and you may find that it is only the stress of the continual travel involved plus sometimes having to wait your turn on a busy day, which makes you more tired than usual. I hope so.  My husband also said to me the other day to tell you to "get some really good tattoos done as souvenirs!"  as he was disappointed that his were so faint, he could not find them afterwards!!  I searched, but they looked just like his freckles and so were indistinguishable, LOL!!

• Have a good Saturday, Everyone!!  Will be back in time to sit down and watch recording of 'Strictly' before bedtime, I hope!!

• LINDA - sounds like a good day of catching up for you, with decorations, final wrapping for Midlands family and local card deliveries - well done!  Have a wonderful time with the two wee boys tomorrow!

Dare I say - funny place to have freckles?  No freckles where mine will be, so maybe they will show up better!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG, As my mother would have said, " What are we going to do with you !!! "

Sorry, I did laugh at the baking lady ( the undertaker ). I hope she doesn't use the crem. ovens.

Enjoy tomorrow, Linda. I hope you have a good drive. I found the traffic very heavy today and then had trouble finding a parking place.

• OG after a couple of years my youngest eventually noticed top tattoo...

Told me I should get black mole looked at!!

• Hello Everyone,  I have been away for a few days, so am trying to catch up with all the news. There has been a lot of it. When I left, there was talk about multi talented frying pans, but things have moved on.

Good to read that Margo feels better after her transfusion, and has been able to get some things done with the help of her sister. I hope you continue to feel a little stronger and enjoy the festive period, Margo.

Poor AQ is quietly wilting Down Under. I don't like the unseasonable warmth here, but nothing like you have to cope with.

Lindybird still seems to be swamped under wrapping paper. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

Sorry Annette has a difficult time with the bank fraud. Not a nice thing to happen.

Glad the furry friends seem to be doing well at the moment.

Brenda, Sorry about your OH's eye problems.

OG,  Look after yourself. Enjoy the Farmers market.

I know I have missed out some things, so apologies for that. I think Heather is having quite a difficult time at the moment.

• LOL Wendy!!   -  OG - My OH is quite tanned, but even on the pale bits of him, has a freckly sort of skin colour!!   He remarked to the nurse at the time, that he didn't know how they found the points amongst the other marks! But I suppose that came with experience.  Please try - try! - not to do too much just yet!

Margo didn't have time to say before but I'm so pleased you felt strong enough to get your cake iced.  Dear little Billie sounds as if she knows that you need company, and being a cat who likes her comforts, that suits her fine! Story of your OH in his funny hat made me laugh!

Brenda - Must be a worry over your OH, but if they don't want to see him for a while, it can't be too much of a concern to the Docs. Glad you got your haircut!

Yesterday Bonnie rolled in the um, stuff, that the local farmer has spread over the fields. Now that she is bigger, it's rare that we immerse her entirely in water so she had a good wash down before coming into the house. Only smelled faintly when she had dried out........

• ...Thanks Rosy, and everyone else who sends me good wishes for tomorrow.  I'm hoping the journey won't be too hectic!

• I have been in Paris for a couple of days. OH has a niece who is staying there with her husband for three months. They normally live and work  in New York, as he is  American.  We all love him. All the females in the family know him as 'the Perfect Husband' (in your dreams)

They are both academics, and get to visit other universities in North and South America and places like Barcelona, Florence and now Paris. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!

We had a lovely time with them, mostly walking around the various sites and gardens and by the river. Oh, and eating and visiting chocolate shops.

Fortunately they were not in Paris when the attacks took place, but everyone was deeply shaken. Several flags were still flying from the marking of one month since they happened. There is increased security.