Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 December 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat Thread is here.

I hope everyone is enjoying the season.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Thinking of Margo - hope you're feeling stronger now.

Everyone else - have a good day!

• OG  Glad to hear your appt was ok.back from 52 lengths in a nice quiet pool.   Shortly off to church to help at the lunch clubs Christmas meal.

Not long

• Hello Everyone.

Margo is feeling somewhat better this morning, but as she didn't sleep well last night, will be having a sleep after lunch. She will be posting.

Annette, What a busy day and lunch on the move. I presume you are now able to use your bank account.

OG, Pleased that the GP is not worried about your throat. Sounds like you still have a busy timetable to complete, but you are ahead of me, as usual.

Dibnlib, Brilliant that you are still swimming so much and will still have the energy to help at the club lunch Christmas meal. Having helped with such occasions, I have returned home, very tired.

A friend has insisted that he will take OH for his hospital appointment tomorrow, so that I can keep my appointment at the hairdressers. I tried to change the appointment, but they can't fit me in until after the new year. I would rather go with OH, but he says that I must get my hair cut. I guess it looks worse than I think. 

• I see that daffodils are now in flower, even as far north as Ayr. Holly is in flower ( not the berries) in Kew Gardens. The holly flowers shouldn't appear until Spring. Strawberry plant, in fruit, in Hampshire. The flowering cherry trees look beautiful around here. So many various bushes in flower. I hope the frosts, when they arrive, don't do so much damage that Spring will have a lack of colour.

They have just shown Great Dixter on our local news, which looks like Spring. We must take a walk up and look. 

• Thanks for Margo's news, Brenda.  I'm sure your OH is thinking that us ladies always feel so much better once we've been shorn!  Kind of his friend to offer to help.

I've been amazed at the flowers shown in bloom all over the country - what an unusual winter we're having, so far. We have nothing in the garden at all now, except for a pot of cyclamen I put by the front door. No sign of any bulbs coming up, even.

I had a successful foray to M&S, where I picked up various foody goodies. I bought an iced Madeira cake for myself, as I'm not over fond of all the fruity cakes and mince pies. I expect my OH will test it, too! I also treated myself to a nightie, as they were on a reduced price - winter & summer, I wear the ones like a long cotton t-shirt.

• How lovely to be near Great Dixter,  Brenda. I've seen it several times on gardening programmes, and I'd just love to walk around it.

• As I returned home, I could see an Estate Agent being welcomed into next door: would love to know what's been said.

Yesterday, we and some other neighbours went to view the alterations and additions. They have made the old garage into an extra room downstairs, plus a downstairs loo. Then they have built a whole extra garage extension on the other side, with a new bedroom above. Now that there are four bedrooms, two of them also now have ensuite bathrooms. The kitchen has been opened out into the dining room, giving nice views over the fields and making a very large family room. All has been totally renovated, including of course a new kitchen and bathroom etc.  We were told how many problems there have been with plasterers, etc and non delivery of items. 

We had a nice glass of wine with them to celebrate the finishing of the project at last - it would have been two years next March, and they thought then that it would take less than twelve months!  Personally, although very nice, it's not quite how I would have done it - the main living room is now far too small for the size of the rest of it, and I would not like the fancy free standing bath for instance - I'm old enough to remember people taking those out as difficult to clean underneath!

• Testing testing 123 :-)

Just seen youngest off from Inverness airport and all on time.

Seem to have inherited her I pad so quietly getting to grips with it

Out temperature here was around 13 earlier the same as Weymouth that she returns to.

• Hello all

Well, our internet connection is now OK!

I am so sorry, have read all your news but cannot make replies today :-(

Between Christmas shopping and sorting out Sheana's effects the time is flying by. Sheana continued to hoard, even at the Home. I have always tried to keep on top of it but even so, she had lots of stuff stashed away in cupboards and drawers. Hidden away, I should really say! Funnily enough, her purse was empty. The last time I was with her, she had a few pounds worth of coins in it. There was also a ten pound note folded up very small in another place. That was still there today!

Take care, all. I will be back at some point :-)

Have appointment at GP 8.45 am tomorrow for cryotherapy on this thing in my eyebrow. What a silly time to ask old people to arrive! At this time of year sometimes it is 9 o'clock before we are up and about.
  • Hello.  Usual weather, Carlisle’s Eden Bridge still closed, big fire at Dalton Pottery (was a local visitor attraction) and A75 closed for recovery after RTA – all the usual stuff, then!

Annette – hope you are enjoying a pleasant meet-up with friend in Malibu.

Linda – pleased M&S shopping was successful.  House next door sounds lovely – wouldn’t mind the small lounge myself – we don’t use ours more than a few hours a day!

Dibnlib – 52 lengths?  Don’t know how you have the stamina!

Margo – sorry you didn’t sleep well last night – hope you had a good nap today.

Brenda – today went as planned, and have scheduled mince pies for tomorrow afternoon while OH is busy painting in the bathroom.  Will be thinking of your OH tomorrow – and you, because I know you will be sitting at the hairdressers wondering how he is getting on!

Wendy – has daughter given you the I-pad – or left it by mistake?  Pleased transport was on time for her, and hope New Year plans work well too.

Heather – why are you sorting Sheana’s stuff – what are the Nephew and his wife doing about it?  I hope he hasn’t left it to you to arrange a funeral too!  I hope the cryotherapy will go smoothly – could you not ask for a later appointment?

Nothing to report here – oh, just remembered – J’s team won the final of the competition today; their special kids were delighted!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!