WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6 2015

Hope all in the storm path have escaped any problems.

Lindybird: Happy viewing!

Diane: El Nino? Hmmm - it seems to have forgotten to stop by here. Seriously, "they" aren't expecting it until the end of December.

All good here today - raked masses of leaves off the parkway (street sweeper due Monday) and must do the garden paths tomorrow (if I can find them!).

Have a good Sunday all.

• LizLFW: Good to see you - Trump petition  now at almost 530,000 with about 400 new signatures since I started this post!  

Diane: Nice to know RTH's mate still around. Do you know where they nest?

Lindybird: Oh that's such a funny image - no elves; just three guys and a huge truck with one of those buckets on the end of a lift!  Hope you shared your cheesecake with your deprived OH. Too bad about the brussel sprouts - wasn't it dibnlib who had nasty sprouts recently?  SIngalong sounds like fun, but not sure about people leaping around and waving with tealights nearby. :-)

Lindybird/Brenda: Peanut is moving furniture as I type and I can see his whiskers twitching in the sunlight. I still give him mushy medicine once each day to keep things moving. Cat is eating less which is probably a good sign in that a huge appetite is one indication of diabetes.  Have to take her back to vet for blood test a week from today.

OG: You're just a social butterfly!

Very windy here today so glad that the tree was done in time. Have a sort of free day so must get some Xmas cards off....

• ANNETTE   so pleased that Peanut is doing well.    Love your description of OG as a social butterfly.

• Everyone- Thanks for your news.

Love to MARGO, thank you BRENDA for updating us.

A very busy weekend here, I'm looking after Katie this evening, tomorrow will be shopping and getting ready for a couple of entertaining days (!). Still haven't had time to visit Sheana but family must come first. She has nobody here except me though, which makes me feel bad. Hopefully I'll manage to get up to the Home on Tuesday.

• You're right Heather -  family must come first.  Don't try to do too much....  Sympathy on the Husband Not Hearing front:  Mine claimed that the Nurse who did his M.O.T. thought his hearing was "fine"  --   she certainly hadn't stood behind him and asked him a question!!!  I shake my head sometimes after repeating things for the 3rd time, and try to make allowances.  Unfortunately, my mode is often to throw remarks over my shoulder as I go out of a door! - this is no longer practicable, but I still forget :-)

• OG - Hope you are managing,  on the travelling front.  On our NW News tonight there were scenes of the literally torn apart roads where the floods were at their worst, and heartbreaking footage of whole streets with all the furniture thrown out into the road. So many people badly affected.

Off to sleep now - I'm already in bed!

• Good Morning, All.  No Night Shift last night..... hope all is well, Annette.  "Share my cheesecake....."  are you crazy?  LOL!!  But he got my small mince pie, which came around with the coffee. I never eat them. 

Raining here, and also in the Lake District, yet again......grr.

• My lovely younger son rang last night with descriptions of his little boy's week of Christmas play performances, and Christmas sweater wearing day. Photos have been promised in due course.  I already have one pic of Tomasz in his Camel outfit, looking so sweet it brought tears to my eyes. They are busy this weekend making old fashioned paper chains to decorate their house, does anyone else know anyone who still does this?? We used to do it every year, must be over 60 years ago now!

• No extra flooding here in SW Scotland - in fact, several rather pleasant days, with just a few light sprinkles of rain.  Langholm (up the Border Esk) still having a bad time, and a few minor roads still in difficulties, but nothing like Cumbria.  Eden Bridge into Carlisle City from  our end is still closed - they haven't managed to put divers in yet to examine the structure.

I am going to abandon my non-existent catch-up; I have read most posts, but not really taken them in; sorry.  It has been a ridiculous week here - 7 appointments (mostly medically related)between the three of us, in five days!  And three evenings out: one concert, one lecture and one social evening.  Hospital visit at Carlisle was interesting - I was last patient of the day and had an hour with Doctor, who obviously enjoyed having an interested patient while he told me loads about the biochemistry of cancers and the physics of treating them!  Fascinating science.  I shall get another phone call to see radiologist for mark-up tattoos and planning, probably before Christmas.  I only have three other appointments this coming week, and one the next, so should fit it in!

And now, breakfast ...

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Good morning

Yes LINDY,Have been watching the weather reports and feel so sorry for all the losses and disruption that folk are having.

Regarding the remarks made as you are leaving the room - I am guilty of starting to talk before I get in the room! No longer can I call downstairs or upstairs and get an answer but I suppose the exercise is good for me:-)

Must go and shower, I've been asked if I can be ready to go shopping 'early'.

Have a good day, all

• Sheer lunacy. An Invergordon man commited murder and was given 10 years.While out on licence (whatever that is) he commited an armed robbery and was given 14 years. He was sent to an OPEN prison north of Dundee!!!!. Guess where he isn't now. Two days ago he decided he had, had enough and went walkabout, thought to be heading to the Inverness area. The public have been warned not to approach him. As Littlejohn would say "You couldn't make it up" I won't be walking in Culloden forest on my own until he is caught and I would rather OH didn't either.