WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6 2015

Hope all in the storm path have escaped any problems.

Lindybird: Happy viewing!

Diane: El Nino? Hmmm - it seems to have forgotten to stop by here. Seriously, "they" aren't expecting it until the end of December.

All good here today - raked masses of leaves off the parkway (street sweeper due Monday) and must do the garden paths tomorrow (if I can find them!).

Have a good Sunday all.

• Brenda: I've read that clothes dryers can start fires and that we should never go to bed leaving them running (which I've done). What a shame that all this happened - and even more so right before Christmas.  I'm assuming they had insurance, but still, the inconvenience is huge.

Lindybird: Hmmm.  I think we have one of those tools lurking in the garage, though I suspect it dates from the early '70s.  Will be interesting to see what kind of a worktop you'll end up with!   Field hospital is it.  I'm going to rescue a shoe box from my closet tomorrow to corral all these syringes, eye drops, and related meds so they aren't littering the kitchen surfaces.

Heather: Our earlier posts crossed. Really sorry to hear about Sheana.  That's so sad. My yoga teacher's mother got put on a new medication last weekend and C (yoga teacher) ended up having to field calls from the caregiver, the neighbors and the police because her Mom had completely lost the plot and was threatening all and sundry. She spent the entire weekend trying to sort things out.  Situation has stabilized a bit now they've taken her Mom off the meds, but some of those things can play havoc with older metabolisms, etc.

OG:  Your team really sounds on the ball - even if the notice was really short (maybe they had a cancellation).  Don't worry about us; we'll look forward to hearing about it when you've had a chance to catch your breath. Hope the drive to and from Carlisle isn't too onerous.

Rosy: Antibiotics are delivered orally through a small syringe. Vet assured me it was yummy and Peanut is okay with it. He's off his food again though, so I sat him on my lap and gave him the AB and then a small batch of the mushy meds!  Oh, he has eye drops too coz they're a bit crusty - and he had a pedicure while he was at the vet.  Have also managed to get comfortable giving Lightning her shot - I think I was a bit tentative at first and afraid of hurting her, but she doesn't seem to feel anything (it's sub-cutaneous; wouldn't want to have to put anything in a vein. Eeeek!)   How nice to have a swan family in the neighborhood.

Lynette: Brenda reports that Margo was feeling better after her last transfusion and enjoyed a birthday dinner out with her OH (his b/day). She's not doing too badly now and is due for another transfusion on the 17th, which should keep her in good form for Christmas. Hope your friend is okay.

LizLFW: I hear that nobody expects anything to come of the Trump petition -  but! - I just signed it. I'm eligible coz I'm still a British citizen. :-))) Total right now is 376,275.

Tree trimmers will be here bright and early at 8.a.m. so off to bed now.

Have a good Thursday all.

• Hello!  Raining here......pouring!   Back soon.....

• Good Morning Everyone.

So sorry that Glenridding, Cumbria is flooded again. The second time in four days.

Trump petition now stands at 398, 835.

• It's really awful up to the North of us (which for those who don't know, is the Lake District and Cumbria - we are in Cheshire)  They must all be so disheartened, as they are in the middle of clearing up and now its started again.

Two of those signatures on the Trump petition are ours, Brenda  - I got so mad!!  Of course, its only a protest as nothing will be done about the awful man......

• A pic to cheer everyone up.....

-   so serious!!

• Trump petition now at 442k, needs another 5k to be the biggest ever on the parliament site.

• Sorry, have been too busy to reply to your various posts.....  finishing putting photos into Chr. cards etc,  and sorting out stuff for wrapping up, plus said wrapping.  Spent     a g e s   on phone to Friend this morning, as she is confined to home not just due to her stiff knee after the op, but also as she has the bug that's going around.  

We are off out tonight for Golf Club Festive Dinner.  Missed it last year (is it really a year?)  due to little Matthew being so poorly in hospital.  Wouldn't know it to look at him now, thank goodness.  Having festive turkey but although my OH has opted for the usual Christmas pud, I have ordered cheesecake:  will report on it tomorrow!!

• Enjoy your evening, LINDY x

OH and I have fallen out! Despite expensive hearing aids he is hearing less and less. It results in a degree of paranoia which I understand- but goodness me, it is hard to deal with at times! He has to know exactly who has phoned and what it was about. He doesn't always hear everything when I tell him about phone calls etc and then later when we are talking and he can hear what I'm saying, accuses me of not telling him everything previously. I feel so sorry for him and do understand the situation but .....

Back later, when all is sunny again :-)