WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6 2015

Hope all in the storm path have escaped any problems.

Lindybird: Happy viewing!

Diane: El Nino? Hmmm - it seems to have forgotten to stop by here. Seriously, "they" aren't expecting it until the end of December.

All good here today - raked masses of leaves off the parkway (street sweeper due Monday) and must do the garden paths tomorrow (if I can find them!).

Have a good Sunday all.

• Good Morning Everyone. Sunny and cooler here this morning.

Rosy, That really must be a sacrifice for your OH not to have a pudding, especially in an Italian restaurant. Good for his health, though.

AQ, Pleased your dental work has now finished. Always fun to see what young children object to happening to them. My daughter hated the Dr looking down her throat and would keep her mouth tightly closed.

Annette, Lovely ocean photographs to cheer our morning. Love the humming bird photograph.

Linda, It is must be such a relief to know that the next door house is near completion. We have no idea when demolition and building will start next door to us. The lady, who owns it, has died, so everything is now going to probate. The builder has actually not bought it yet, but his workers have been seen on site occasionally.

• Good Morning Everyone -   Raining hard at the moment and I think it is forecast to continue all day. I am off to Inverness shopping.

Brenda- My daughter would not open her mouth at the Dentist for the first two or three visits where as my son opened his mouth as wide as it would go!

Annette -  liked your pictures of the sea and beach, I always have a walk on the beach once a week if possible and feel very refreshed afterwards. Amber loves it too.

• Margo and I enjoyed a good long chat this morning. It is her week of the reduced chemo. Her blood count has reduced from 81 to 74, but is not a problem as yet. Beside the blood tests, Margo is able to ring the hospital when she knows she needs a further transfusion. She has a date for a transfusion on the 17th December, if needed.  Excellent attention from her hospital team.

• Good afternoon all have been lurking again but have been keeping abreast of all the comings and goings. It is good to hear that Margo is coping with her chemo and the transfusion on the 17th will maybe help her to enjoy Christmas.

OG I hope that your shower room reaches a satisfactory conclusion soon. I read about the problem pups and the alpha person is usually the person who feeds them and does most of the walking but spaniels do seem to be hyper active.

The weather here hasn't been too bad we have had wind and rain but not the flooding that they have been having in the Carlisle area and you have got too feel for those people whose houses are sodden and the outlook that it will take months before they can get back into them.

I have had a very bad cough and at one point was coughing up blood so went to doctors and was sent for X-Rays and it was found that the blood was coming from the back of my nose but I was at the doctors yesterday and everything is now OK. I also have had a letter from my heart consultant saying that at the moment they are not contemplating surgery and that he will see me in January.

This morning I went and posted all my cards and calendars so now I have only the presents to wrap.

I hope everyone keeps well and either cool or warm as to there position in the world  

george g

• Woops - getting further behind - out again this evening, unless the weather gets more threatening.  History talk this time - only at the D. Porridge Museum - about 4 miles away.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• George, Sorry to hear that you had the fright of coughing blood, so it is good to see that all is now fine. Your consultant doesn't seem to be in a hurry to propose any treatment for you. I hope he clarifies the situation for you in January.
    Also good to hear that you didn't have any damage from the storm.

I have just heard from my sister, that her son's house went on fire last Friday night. The tumble dryer over heated and started the fire. They are now in a B&B and have been advised to find a suitable house to rent, as all relevant workers are now in the Lake District. It could be months before they start to repair his house. Nephew and his wife have two daughters. The assessor was on his way to Carlisle after leaving my nephew.

• Morning all:

Brenda: Oh that's awful about your nephew's house! How extensive was the damage?  Did they have smoke alarms or were they awake? Thanks for the update on Margo; her 17th transfusion should set her up nicely for Christmas.

George: Always refreshing to see you when you pop in! We all seem to have coughs here too. Glad your symptoms didn't presage anything worse than local irritation.

Lindybird: Let us know what tool your OH chooses for his pressie!

Taking Peanut to the vets this morning - he seems to be making a combination squeaking/wheezing noise every few seconds (when he's breathing I think) - I think a respiratory issue is involved. Will not be letting them run up hundreds of $$$s in tests though.

Congratulations to Scotland for dropping Donald Trump as a trade representative and to the Aberdeen (I think) college that has stripped him of his honorary degree.  I do hope the UK MPs will debate the petition asking to ban him from the UK (which I hope you've all signed!)  :-)   I wish we could deport him!

• Annette : The petition is going well with an astonishing 30k signing in one hour. Latest total is 277k so it has to be considered for a debate. Needless to say the right wing extremist nutters (UKIP) have a petition supporting Trump with 3905 signatures. 

• Hello all

Just a briefie, have read all your news and sending a thank you. Sorry, but will catch up ASAP.

Sheana has gangrene,R foot and toes.  They expect her to lose toes soon. She is on oral morphine but has been refusing it because of her mental state so may be put on injections. She is not fit for surgery. So so sad. I won't say any more.

• Alan:  I hope you've signed that petition under multiple aliases! Just debating the situation with my sister in the UK and she suggests importing really good voodoo dolls from Haiti (she says plasticine and paper clips don't work). I'm wondering about a Harry Potter-type spell that would turn him into a born again liberal - but without the bombast. Will have to Google that!  Well, we can dream can't we?  :-)

Just back from vet with Peanut, who does have an upper respiratory infection, so now dosing him with antibiotics twice a day in addition to eye drops (he has crusty discharge) and shooting up the cat with insulin at the same time. Have told OH that he'd better not get sick as no time to fuss over him too. :-)  I had no idea that guinea pigs are delicate creatures - the vet I saw said they are prone to panic ( being prey animals) and when things get too stressful, they tend to throw up their paws and just give up!