WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6 2015

Hope all in the storm path have escaped any problems.

Lindybird: Happy viewing!

Diane: El Nino? Hmmm - it seems to have forgotten to stop by here. Seriously, "they" aren't expecting it until the end of December.

All good here today - raked masses of leaves off the parkway (street sweeper due Monday) and must do the garden paths tomorrow (if I can find them!).

Have a good Sunday all.

• Morning all:

WendyB: Enjoy your time with daughter; hope her night shifts aren't too crazy and finger's crossed for good driving weather for her New Year's visit.

Rita:  Hope your daughter's friend gets equal time from others when he needs help to dry out his house. :-(   Awful that some people are having to wait so long for appointments and surgery; it must be very frustrating for the doctors too.  Don't panic, I'm not at all organized for Christmas and probably won't be ready even when it does arrive.

OG: You have inspired me to launch a "flinging" event in our garage, but last night OH asked me to save a box I've just emptied "because it's handy to store things in."  I replied that we weren't going to be "storing" as much as previously.  He does like his boxes.

Lindybird: Oh my, watch out for that knee - and the stairs - and Bonnie!  :-)

Off to start the day.

• OH saw the Dr this morning. All is fine, but we have to continue the bland diet for a while. He has to return on Friday to have a mole removed from his arm. I have banned him from having any further problems. He has lost half a stone in weight, which he has been told to put back on.

Wendy, Pleased to see you are fine, after the storm. I am sure you will enjoy having your daughter home with you and enjoy more walks with Daisy.

Rita, I was also thinking of your daughter's friend. I do hope he has plenty of help when the water leaves his home. Glad to hear that your Daughter has no damage. You have every right to grumble about your non hospital treatment. I know that hip/ knee replacements are not counted as urgent, when it comes to cash flow.

Rosy, As Linda says, I also had heard that Spectre is quite violent. I love going to an Italian restaurant. We are very rarely disappointed.

Linda, Pleased your OH has restored damaged carpet and wallpaper. When I get upset about things in the house, my OH always says, " Nobody has died. The house will still be standing for many years after we have gone. " Trouble is, I usually have to get a tradesman in to do any jobs !!!  
    Sorry to hear that you are still limping and bruised after your fall. Take care of yourself.

Heather, Hope your health problems are now improving. X

I don't think we have heard from Dibnlib since the storm.

• Very quick look in - going out!

LINDA - that sounds better!

BRENDA - sorry about continuation of bland diet - sounds like it could be a very gentle Christmas!  Sorry about mole too - is it one that has to go for biopsy?  I hope all will be well.

I must phone DIBNLIB - promised a week or more ago, but don't seem to get time for anything right now!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Brenda:   Sorry he is still to be on the bland diet.  He could get rather bored on that, if it has to continue for long.  But good that the Doc is happy with him.  When they notice a mole that's only appeared suddenly, these days they often say that you should get it taken off.  It's not always even tested.  Friend of ours had one on the side of his nose:  when the Doc said "off with it!"  his wife was pleased, as she said she didn't want to have to look at it every time she looked him in the face, LOL!!   (and it was fine, afterward)

Hope dibnlib is just busy.

Had a lot of noise next door for the last two days:  they are forging ahead with paving the front paths, and now they are replacing the heavy gateposts they demolished so that they could get all their materials delivered through the gap, with two brick pillars. Every time they make a din, I think "another day nearer to them finishing!"  Apparently they hope to be finished before Christmas, thank goodness.  We seem to have had so much noise and traffic with this project, and its taken a year since last  April!   Today there were about eight vehicles in our little road, as two doors down the lady is having some work done on her roof.   Aaaargh!     Rant Over, LOL!!

• Lindybird and Brenda,   Yes, I did find Spectre a bit OTT for my tastes. The men liked it, but I thought there was too much violence and destruction.

I know it is to be expected in a James Bond film, but I think it went on longer than was necessary. Just my opinion. I preferred Skyfall.

Sorry about your OH's boring diet, Brenda. Glad it seems to be working, though.

We are on a no pudding 'diet' because of OH's rather unstable diabetes. (not even in an Italian restaurant)

Lindybird,   Just be careful on those stairs. I need to hang on to the bannisters now, or I am likely to end up as an undignified heap at the bottom. It is easily done.

• I’ve finished with dentist . . . until next tooth misbehaves. Food shopping done. Feeling tired, the weather is cooler but humid.

Monday nannying ended with 18 mth immunizations late pm. Not a peep from the twins for the big jab. It was MissL who objected loudly to being measured.

• Evening all: Too warm here today but the "definite maybe" for ran is still on the calendar.

BrendaH: There must be any number of yummy foods that are relatively bland but might help put on weight.  Your OH's saying, "Nobody died," is a favorite here when everyday things go pear shaped.  :-)

Lindybird: Did your new neighbors already move or are they planning to do that before Xmas?

AQ: Are you hosting the family for Christmas or are you the one doing the visiting?

Am about to post some photos taken at my "escape to the ocean" walk last week.

• Here they are:  The first one is just the beach looking west (that's the University of California Santa Barbara in distance. The second one shows Santa Cruz Island across the channel and the third is on the cliff looking south to the Malibu area.

The final shot is of a hummingbird that stopped by to take a sip at the fountain!

• Good Morning.  Nice pics, Annette. Wish I could walk by the ocean regularly, it blows away the cobwebs. My sis-in-law uses the "Nobody died" expression as well: she is very practical and stoically put up with the destruction when she had her Labrador pup.

Next door has been bought by a developer - he lives in our town and enjoyed building a house in his own large garden so much, that he missed the excitement when it was finished. He has worked hard on the house next door to us, but still hasn't decided whether to sell it or let it out. We are hoping it will be sold.

Off out with my OH this morning as he's decided he'd like a tool for Christmas, so we're going together to choose it as I've no idea what they are, LOL! Also going to take back the trousers I bought in M&S the other day, as they seem to have been made for a twelve year old!!!

• PS -hope you get some rain, Annette!