WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey), SUNDAY November 29, 2015

Happy new week.

I"m sampling the Sticky Toffee Pudding with vanilla ice cream. Back in a bit to report!

• Unknown said:

Thanks for all expressions of concern - it has been horrendous nearby but we all fine - live at inland end of town - higher than both river and firth.  More details tomorrow.

Thanks for letting us know you are alright, OG!

• So good to hear from you, OG. Obviously, you must have still had a bad time, with the storm.

Diane, As Linda says, you are a very caring person. How is your weather ? Has the snow cleared or have you had any more ?  

Linda, OH is getting better, but it has been a slow process. Still eating bland food !! He has to reduce the tablets next week, so fingers crossed. Thank you for asking.

• OG: Glad you're okay! Hope your power is on.

Brenda: I do hope that your OH will continue to improve, especially after he reduces the tablets. Best to him! I'm going to treat myself to a slice of pumpkin pecan streusel pie tonight. I'll send you some to eat in secret. :-)

Weather here this weekend is quite good. Some sun and the temp is 5.5 C (42 F). The snow has all melted. Even warmer tomorrow. Thank you, El Nino.

Everyone take care.

• Thanks, Diane.  Our power flickering a bit, but never off.  Terry's was, over the water!  Loads of road closures around here - police have issued a do not travel advisory.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG  so glad to hear that you are safe , and are above the river flooding, it all sounds dreadful around you and more rain to come yet.    My daughter lives in Kendal where the river Kent goes through the middle of the town and they have dreadful flooding.     She was visiting a friend this afternoon who lives in town right beside the river and he had sandbags everywhere to try and stop water getting into the cellar where they have furniture stored.   He is a member of the Mountain Rescue team (they get called out for flood rescues as well) and he was called out this afternoon, so my daughter left for home and it took her an hour through water all the way to get home on a journey that usually takes just a few minutes.   Luckily, she lives up a slight hill so is safe from flooding.

• Weather here not too bad, we had rain all day but not too heavy and not much wind either, we have been lucky so far.

Lindybird - Nice to hear that you have managed to sort out your new TV,  whenever I get a new one I always have to get someone out from the shop to set it up.  

Annette. I hope that Peanut will be back to normal soon, and that Lightening  is getting used to her treatment , must keep you quite busy

• Not been on for quite a few days so as there are quite a lot of posts will not read back.

Heard that there has been extensive flooding up North and do hope everyone up there is keeping dry and safe.

Lindybird - looks like you had a tussle with new TV but glad OH managed to get it going. Enjoy.

AQ - you have reminded me that I ought to get my cards off to Aussie and NZ - probably in the end I will send an e-card instead.

Had an old school friend ring me up this afternoon - lives in Glenrothes.  It has been raining very heavily up there. Also the Forth bridge is closed due to cracks appearing and everyone has to use the Kincardine bridge - 11 mile queues in the rush hour. Also people were trying to get on the trains to go to Edinburgh to work but only two carriages on them to take the influx of workers due to the bridge being closed.   Looks like they are in a mess.

Hope the storm passes over you all quickly.   Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• Unknown said:

Thanks, Diane.  Our power flickering a bit, but never off.  Terry's was, over the water!  Loads of road closures around here - police have issued a do not travel advisory.

OG: I was mightily relieved that you're okay. You've been through too much lately. I saw Terry's post. She said that she and her OH had been playing cards, because that's all you can do during a power outage. :-) Apparently, all events have been cancelled in her area, too.

Rita: I hope your daughter will remain safe!