Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 November 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat Thread is HERE.

I had several white-tailed deer in my backyard yesterday at dusk, including a large buck. They were so beautiful.

All summer, I admonished one particular Red-Bellied Woodpecker for attempting to drum on the trim around my kitchen window. Now, every time I go outdoors, the little fella chatters at me loudly. He even jumped up and down on the branch yesterday to make his point. LOL! I don't know whether he's telling me off or trying to convince me to let him eat the delicious larvae I denied him. LOL

Everyone have a great week!

• By the way, although Bonnie will be one year old just before Christmas, we have only had her here since the middle of March, when she was twelve weeks old. So that's why it seems as if one year has gone quickly! :-)

• What a lovely winters day – but I hope all who had snow have seen it melt away.

Rita – I hope you had a lovely day back in the swing of your Cactus Club, and that the snow stayed at high level and off your roads.

Dibnlib – not hibernating! We went to the craft fair and were able to park the other end of the car park so I had a nice wee walk to the hall in the fresh air and sunshine. We were very restrained with our few purchases, but enjoyed seeing people who we haven’t seen for a while, and had a good soup lunch there.

Heather – wow! Last day tomorrow – and it seems like you only just went! So pleased you are both feeling relaxed and have enjoyed the holiday. Definitely a good idea to get one of the family to warm the house for your return – you will notice the change!

Linda – I really enjoyed Strictly; such a high standard tonight, and pleased Katie did well for Anton! EE was also in the garden this afternoon, digging up the last of the potatoes; I’m not sure whether they might just last us up to Christmas, but not a bad crop from our quite small garden (the earlier ones were in potato bags).

Another no-plans day tomorrow; I think J intends going shopping at Gretna Gateway – we avoid it at weekends, but I suppose he is young enough to cope with the wandering crowds!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• "Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here