WEEKLY CHAT, SUNDAY NOVEMBER 1 2015

Hallo all:

• Annette,     Peanut is very cute. Love the name.

Is your OH's interest in history a hobby, or is/was it his work?

Heather,   I remember 'Singing Together'. But it was a long time ago.  I just Googled the song. I really only remember the tune.

I always need steps to  see what is lurking in the back of my kitchen cupboards.

Rumour has it that when my brother- in law retired, he decided to arrange the contents of the fridge in alphabetical order. I don't think that lasted long.

• Morning all:

Heather: Well, daughter on more healthful diet so just eggs and whole wheat muffins before she headed out the door.  Always a lot of flapping for the last 20 minutes - we almost forgot the dog, snoozing in the garden!  Anyway, she's through LA as I type. Hmmm. Your breakfast sounds much yummier, though I'd probably opt for your OH's (but do you still have fresh strawberries in November?).   Re Sur le Pont d'Avignon, I went to school at a convent with several French nuns (teachers) and French teacher Mother Jean-Baptiste made sure we learned it.   Oh my! No clean socks!  I wonder where Isla thought they came from. :-))  

Rita: Have wonderful time with the kids. :-)

George: Good for you asking for a refund; sounds like your consultant doesn't see any need for urgency so you can relax and enjoy the holidays.  :-)

Rosy: My OH should've been a history prof, but ended up in aerospace.  Medieval history is his favorite period - I can't count the number of books he has. He's been to summer sessions on the topic at Cambridge U. and is waiting for their 2016 program to see what's on offer next summer.

Talking of organizing, I tend to keep things pretty organized (sizes, colors, etc.) and I do have spices and herbs in alphabetical order (I need all the help I can get).  Then again, I may just be obsessive-compulsive.  :-)

Didn't get a lot of sleep overnight so plan on naps on patio today and would like to make it to the library....  Have just finished reading Do No Harm, by a neurosurgeon by the name of somebody Marsh.  Also, Just Kids, Patti Smith's story of her years with Robert Mapplethorpe.

• Just calling in to reassure you that I am still doing well.  Had a really good night last night.  Streaming nose today - thought it might be an allergy, but now thinking I may have a cold!  Quite dopey ("What's new?" I hear you ask) from taking painkillers - don't think I shall take them long, but they were easing my throat which was a bit sore from tubes.  Enjoyed a good refreshing wash today, and allowed a real shower tomorrow and to change dressings.

Special thoughts for MARGO'S transfusion day and RITA'S birthday.  I hope both RITA and HEATHER enjoyed wonderful meals with their children.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG: That shower will feel really good (how's the bathroom doing by the way?).  'Tis the season for colds - they've arrived here with the cooler weather.