Breagha the investigation

I don't quite understand what was said that caused the thread "The hunt for Breagha" to be locked. I have only told the truth & tried not to be abusive or unfair. I didn't (& won't) name the RSPB contact who dealt with the ONCFS in the first place.

I would just like to point out that I am not asking for the RSPB to "actively help" in the gathering of evidence or any other way. I would just like them to share the information they have, including the feathers which were removed on their behalf by the ONCFS & won't be made available to the LPO without their permisson. I pointed out that the chances of getting even an enquiry opened is slim. However for us it is imperative that the hunters know that we know what they did, even if we can't prove it. I have also asked for the photographs & GPS co-ordinates at where the ONCFS feathers were found so we can re search this area to try & find the body & leg-ring of Breagha. It is possible that the RSPB does not have this information in which case we need their permission to get it from the ONCFS.

I feel that as we found the satellite tag & sent it back that the least the RSPB could do is try & provide us with any information that they have that may help us.

I would ask anyone wanting to post on here to be on their best behaviour & I apolgise to whoever I have offended.

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Noisette, I have supported you throughout this and I shall continue to do so.

Let us be quite clear with regard to T and C's

Quote:-  

A Contribution must:

Be accurate (where it states facts)

Be genuinely held (where it states opinions)

Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted

Be relevant.

A Contribution must not:

Be defamatory of any person

Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory

Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age

Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual

Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person

Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence

Be in contempt of court

Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person

Bully, intimidate or harass other users

Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person

Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us if this is not the case

Advocate, promote or incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act

Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism

Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites

Do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working of our Website.

I have no doubt that your facts are accurate and your opinions genuinely held, as are mine, the fact that they may be at odds with others does not put them in the 'must not category' unless they fall into any of the second set of criteria. I would suggest those of us who have backed you are fully aware of the T and C's and have studiously avoided the pitfalls associated with contravening them.

Your penultimate paragraph sums up exactly what this is all about and what you only ever wanted.

The word is HELP.

• I see nothing in the Hunt for Breagha thread that even remotely breaches the T & Cs. Membership under review.

• Debs, I think you need to explain precisely what T&C's  have been breached in the Hunt for Breagha  thread. Noisette has done a great job and the tracker would never have been recovered but for her efforts.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Shocked & saddened by this action with nothing else to add at present as have just come home to this news!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Unless there is more behind the decision that we are unaware of, I feel I must support Noisette in all she has tried to do to resolve the death of Breagha, and feel sad that it has resulted in her closed thread.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Unknown said:
    Debs, I think you need to explain precisely what T&C's  have been breached

From Debs's post I gather that it is sufficient for there to have been complaints... !

• As part of the investigation I returned the tracker that we found & it arrived at the reserve this week on tuesday. I don't know how long it will take to get any information from it, or if it was too badly damaged to get any information but they have said they will let me know as it may reveal a much shorter timescale in which Breagha died, which is very relevant to the LPO enquiry.

I hope I've not said anything naughty there!LOL

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• I'm sure we all await an update.Thank you for keeping us up to date.