Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: I thought I'd go ahead and start this week's thread. I don't mind at all. When my next freelance project comes in, you (or someone else) can do it if you want to.

Everyone have a great week!

• Well, I don't know how you do it, AQ!! After 24 hours looking after daughter on crutches, two granddaughters and my OH - I have retired to bed, exhausted. I am used to the family being here but when that happens, we all muck in. This is a bit different. I am a bit cross with my OH. Granddaughter Mia set the table for dinner this evening and I didn't check it. So OH comments/complains that he has been given a dessert fork instead of a dinner fork. Poor Mia - her eyes filled with tears. He didn't think before speaking:-(

• Heather, Don't be too harsh on your OH, I am sure he wouldn't want to upset Mia. As you say, he didn't think. Just make sure he knows where to find the dinner forks in future. LOL  I am sure you were able to console Mia.

• Poor Mia ....10 out of 10 helping:-)

Busy day here doing stuff with mixed weather and I gather there had been snow on the tops but I averted my gaze as its far too early!!!!

• Rita: Fascinating facts about the tortoises!!! You have so much knowledge about them. I'm infamous on this thread for putting off my taxes until the very last moment and then yowling, gnashing my teeth, and using lots of sweary words during the preparation. Oh, how I loathe completing my tax forms!!!. Well done to you for finishing yours. I hope you enjoy a lovely evening now.

Heather: Get some well deserved rest!

I'll be back later to start the new thread. I think that late tonight, you all change your clocks. We don't change ours until 1st November.

• He did try and make it better and of course Mia is fine now but he does struggle at times when relating to young children. It's just a generational thing, I think. Men of his age weren't so involved with their children maybe, as today's fathers are.

Yes, WENDY. Far too early for snow!

• Yes, DIANE. Our clocks go back one hour at 2 am. Murder for insomniacs like us! An extra hour :-(

• Heather: Yay! An extra hour of wide-awake worry and rumination. LOL!

• Well, I've just caught up with all your news.  Some not so good but on the whole not too bad.

Lindybird - love the poem about the onion

OG - have been reading about your recent health scare - do hope that all goes well for you and with the treatment to follow. Thoughts are with you at this time.

Loved reading about all that has been happening. Didn't get to the gym again on Thurs as OH had a scare in the early hrs re passing of blood in urine - made an appointment to see his doc. Seems to think it could be an infection but took a sample so we wait to see what the problem is. I'm plodding on as usual. Maybe this coming week we will get back into our routine of twice weekly at the gym!!

Take care all, happy weekend.