Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: I thought I'd go ahead and start this week's thread. I don't mind at all. When my next freelance project comes in, you (or someone else) can do it if you want to.

Everyone have a great week!

• OG: Hectic times for you - hither and yon with one thing and another. Any trains to Edinburgh? Agree that your surgeon seems to have done his homework. Take care!

• Good Morning, All:  Wintry here, but not the winds which some were expecting last night so hope that all our friends North are OK.

Dashing around packing - my OH is not going to golf as usual, as there has been a death at the golf course (staff) and so all the staff are going to the funeral and its closed.  Gives us the chance to leave before lunch instead of after, so off we go: will be back sometime during the weekend.

Take care All.

Here are a couple of pics of the Flower Show to cheer you on this blustery morn:

• Very windy indeed.    LINDY  love the flower pics. Will read through the rest when home after a swim.

• very windy this morning.

Lovely flowers LINDY

• Hello all

Lovely pics,LINDY.

Will look in later, I am going with Amy and her Mum to Elgin for the day. We are meeting up for lunch with my youngest and her two girls. The 'tattie holidays' are almost over, back to school next week.

Safe journey, LINDY and OG.

Take care ALL

• WENDY  glad that poor dog is ok. I take it this was a hit and run. Well done to your daughter for doing the right thing. Wonder if the dog has an owner.

OG   you have a tough time ahead, but at least you know what is what now. It sounds as if you are in good hands in the NHS as well as at home. What a pain the radiotherapy cannot be done nearer to home.   Know what you mean about reading patients notes. When I broke my leg 4 years ago the consultant told me I would be totally non weight bearing on my right leg for 8 weeks.   I had an appt at Raigmore for x ray and consultation after 3 weeks and the chap I saw told me I could start partial weight bearing. He had me practising round the room. I was surprised but assumed my leg was doing well THEN he started to read my notes. He went quiet and excused himself for a min. He returned with my consultant who assured me no weight bearing till 8 weeks was up.   Why oh why was I seen before my notes were read.

• Good Morning ALL, ie. those of you that haven't already left. Safe journey to OG, EE & Linda. Also, do enjoy your day with your daughters and granddaughters, Heather. I see from Dibnlib's post that it is very windy up  there this morning. The Autumn gales have arrived !! It is a dry morning here, with glimmers of the sun.

Nothing planned for today. I need to catch up on HW and washing :-((

• Hello All-  Very ,very windy here today but nice and sunny at the moment.  Leaves all over the garden as we have several silver birches in and around my garden.  Too windy for gardening so will wash the conservatory windows inside and tidy up for winter, I have the olive tree, bay tree and lemon tree inside now.  windows full of cobwebs,etc., after being open all summer,(for the plants).

• Morning all:  Boring old sunshine here. :-)

Wendyb: Lovely story about your daughter and the dog. So nice when we can help out all the other living things on the planet.

Lindybird: Hope weather isn't too bad at the caravan. Have a safe trip. Nice garden photos, but what really jumped out at me was the green green grass, a rarity here now...

Will catch up later. Guy is coming this morning to check out our huge Chinese Elm which will need to be pruned back this year - kachink!

• Just back from a very blustery Daisy walk....She hates the wind in her ears and when you have ears like her you don't have any choice..rain sleet and snow funnel down them as well.

Annette the story of the daughter and the dog has a very happy ending. Sadly he was not chipped but daughter knocked at the nearest cottage to see if it was theirs on finding it wasn't she told them which vet she was going to in case anyone else called and they gave her their phone number. She heard this morning that the couple had phoned vet and dog warden and the dog is now with them recovering from his bumps and bruises and if not claimed will stay with them as his forever home..ahhhh:-)