Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: I thought I'd go ahead and start this week's thread. I don't mind at all. When my next freelance project comes in, you (or someone else) can do it if you want to.

Everyone have a great week!

• Thanks, BRENDA.  The list helps me know I can be in control!  Please thank "B" for the offer!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG:  You sound well prepared.  The NHS seem happy to tell you all you need to know, these days (unlike years ago when everything seemed a mystery and you didn't hardly dare ask anything).  My good Friend has had cancer twice, once 23 years ago and then it returned in the other breast a few years back - she has had a double mastectomy.  So she knows an awful lot about it all:  she has counselled folks on the phone, in the past.  She is a good example of how you can just get on with life after surgery.  Of course, she noticed a huge difference in her treatment in each case as things have come on enormously in the last ten years and now they know a lot more about the best options for women.  I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

AQ:  Hope you enjoyed your peaceful time in the library!  A bit of a contrast to your noisy Nanny days, I'm sure!

dibnlib:  Sorry you've lost your crown: I sympathise because I've had quite a bit of tooth trouble in the past.  It's never a convenient time when it happens.

• OG yes, this was the same crown. My dentist starts work for a permanent resolution in Nov. The crown originally fell out pre our hols and was fixed??? by a different dentist as mine wasn't working. That lasted less than 24 hours, then my own dentist refixed it and that lasted a few days and came out in Viena where it was fixed and lasted a month, my own dentist removed it as I couldn't use floss on it, put crown back on and it lasted 5 days, lets see what happens this time!!!!

• My sympathies also, DIBNLIB. I hope that you get a permanent crown that lasts!

• OG - Thinking about you, it won't be an easy interview but you are very prepared. Is EE going to be there?

• OG my thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

• Thanks, ALL.  Yes, Heather, he is coming with me.  Currently starting to prep bathroom (emptying cupboards and removing fittings) for next week's fitters - will finish prep Sunday (inc carpet), but daren't leave it all till then!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Not long back from a swim and dog walk.

I forgot to tell you this. I think you would like the friends who invited us to Sunday lunch. We returned home with a doggy bag, so Bensons meals have been supplemented with roast por and all the trimmings.

• Lucky Benson as Daisy with all her allergies cant tolerate meat so she would have loved the left over veg including any spare roasties.

I think I made OG smile with my tale on meeting my surgeon at Raigmore for the first time. I had previously had a benign tumour removed and he was going to operate on the same side. I asked tongue in cheek if he could kindly use same scar. As you can imagine he declined :-)