Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: I thought I'd go ahead and start this week's thread. I don't mind at all. When my next freelance project comes in, you (or someone else) can do it if you want to.

Everyone have a great week!

• Beautiful morning sky. OH at the dentist as I type. it is just for a check up, but he knows he needs some old fillings replaced, thank goodness it is NHS.  Off to the post office shortly as my friend left a scarf behind, then on to coffee as usual. Very unusually I will swim this afternoon as OH has a staff meeting to go to.

• Good morning, all. Up early today – OH going for continuing dental repair schedule, and J is off for a day out by train. Sun appearing – looks promising.

Heather – I agree courgettes don’t have a lot of flavour except when young and straight from the garden, but I use them a lot with other things (like last night’s in a tomato sauce with basil), and they are a good standby in the freezer till next season. I wouldn’t use them as a substitute for pasta – a carb is a carb, and a veg is a veg to me. Envy your glut of frozen soups – we were disappointed to find we didn’t have one for Saturday, but I cobbled together a minestrone from various frozen leftover veg portions and a handful of small soup pasta.

Dibnlib – pleased you had a good day with friends – menu sounds interesting.

Linda – how lovely for your D-in-L to win the Strictly tickets; I am sure the atmosphere there must be thrilling.

AQ – hope you kept cool at the library. I hope you get a gentle Nanny-day tomorrow to ease back into the role gradually!

Rosy – I love shopping from Lakeland (online or in stores). They have a fairly new store just outside Stirling now, by the big Dobbies garden centre, so that is becoming one of our regular stops on the way to see Daughter. But I try not to buy things I don’t need!

Dibnlib – hope dentist visit goes okay for your OH. Sounds like you have the day well-planned!  

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Good Morning.  Duller here but we are promised changing winds tonight, and I think the whole of UK will get them - extra bad winds in Highlands, so take care those of you up there!

Have just been Ooohing & Aaahing over sample photos online from the official photographer at wedding - some lovely ones, esp. of the Bride and of little Amber. My son said last night  "It all went so quickly!"

My OH has gone to dig at the allotment, he is doing it a little at a time so as not to aggravate his back.  He'll be back mid morning to go & take his Annoying Cousin to the airport - hooray!  Yesterday my sis-in-law put a lamb dinner in the oven, then took Cousin to say goodbye to relatives - they took so long over it that dinner had to be rescued.....  

Heather:  I see that your friends do something my Mother used to, that is, put more veg on top of the potatoes in the pan.  I forget to do it, but I suppose I should now that there are only the two of us, so not too many veg needed. Glad you enjoyed their visit, but I expect you had a good sit down when they left!  (I see that you went to bed early!)

Hope everyone has a good day, esp. those who seem to be at the Dentist!

• ps    Rosy - Yes, huge fan of the shop, although ours is not exactly around the corner, we do go occasionally. When I visit with my good Friend, we act like two children in a sweetshop!  And we always come out with a couple of extra items which wern't on the list......

Excellent postal service, too.

• Good Morning ALL. It is a lovely morning here also.

Lakeland is one of my favourite shops also, but we don't have one near enough to visit regularly.

Heather, I have only a couple of soups in my freezer. I will have to become more efficient. I do have plenty of vegetables, from a neighbour's garden, which I have frozen, with plenty of good intentions. LOL

Linda, Brilliant that your D-in-L has won the Strictly tickets. I am jealous.

Dibnlib, Have a good swim, which I guess will be one of your marathons LOL

AQ, Hope you have an easy nanny day.

Annette, I see you you are dashing hither and thither again. Hope you get a moment to unwind.

My brother and his wife are visiting us today, but not until after lunch, so he doesn't have to rush his wife. I am thinking what to have for an afternoon tea.

• Brenda - I hope your visitors arrive okay today and that everyone can relax.  I am sure you will produce a really lovely afternoon tea!

• OG  "the best laid plans"   OHs dentist was something and nothing as his dentist leaves today and so no futher appts till new dentist is in situ. That was the first thing and then my rogue crown fell out so instead of town and coffee I have an emergency appt at my dentist in half an hour. Hope all goes well tomorrow.

• Thanks OG. Our plan was to take them out for lunch, but they didn't know that, so I just need to revise our plans. I, obviously, don't know what time they will leave, so I want to have a standby dinner in mind for the evening. Normally I would ask, but I just want them to relax and I can see how his wife is coping. Not a problem.

Dibnlib, Sorry about your rogue crown. Just when you had your day planned, too.

• DIBNLIB - oh dear - I hope your OH will like his new dentist.  Sorry about the crown - is that the one you had re-fixed in Austria?  I've just been doing extra research for tomorrow's appt and adding to my list of questions - WENDY has been very helpful with hints for things I need to have clarified!

• OG, Depending how our day goes:-)) I just want to wish you well for tomorrow. You do sound so prepared with your question list. "B" says she will help in any way she can.  X