Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: I thought I'd go ahead and start this week's thread. I don't mind at all. When my next freelance project comes in, you (or someone else) can do it if you want to.

Everyone have a great week!

• Morning all:  

Diane: Thank you! As you can see, I'm late to start the thread. OH and I were watching a four-hour-long documentary on Walt Disney that first aired about 6 weeks ago. I didn't realize- in terms of animation/special effects - that he really was the George Lucas of his time.

bjane:  Nice to know you are lurking in the background. Do hope you're doing well.

Brenda: Thanks for passing on the good news that Rita is hovering in the background. :-) Had to laugh at "sticky toffee" pud suggestion for Lindybird's guest - perhaps they could arrange for them to go heavy on the "sticky" part. :-)

Lindybird: Oh dear, there's a lesson in cousin's visit for all of us. :-)  If you went back and reworked your poems, we'd probably never get to enjoy them coz you'd be constantly improving them.  How nice you found old pic of Billie.

OG:  Health Psychology? That's an interesting focus.

Spent the morning touring local garage sales before tootling off to Sanitary District's Open House - only to find it's next weekend.

Have a good Sunday all.

• Annette: Walt Disney was brilliant at his craft, but his political ideology was monstrous -- really, really ugly. Hope your weather has improved!

• dibnlib: Congratulations on the money you have raised for the Macmillan Cancer Support and on your personal success. Well done!!!

Brenda: I see that Typhoon Koppu has hit the Philippines. I think it was your OH who has family there. I hope they are safe.

Margo: It was lovely to hear from you. Billie is such a treasure!

• Diane: Weather definitely improved.   Yes, Mr. D certainly did invite labor troubles - that was covered in the second segment (which I've already seen).  I was going to say he could also be called the Steve Jobs of his time given not only their shared drive for perfection but that they could both be real (insert naughty words) to work for.

Brenda: I see that typhoon Koppu has made landfall in the Phillipines - any news from OH's niece?

• Good morning, and thanks to Diane for beginning our new week.  We are up early because OH and J have to sort something out connected with church.  Won't go into details, but it looks as if we shall all be changing churches again.  We never had been flitters or quitters, but seem to have bad experiences since we moved here.  Timing not too good for me, but I'll get it sorted.

Looks a good start to today's weather here - and dry through to Wednesday.  Have a good week, everyone.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• BRENDA   PM sent.

Busy pre church and then off to a friends for lunch.

• Good Morning, and Thanks to Diane for starting us off again.

OG:  Sorry that you are having probs with church again, sometimes it takes a few tries to find the right 'fit' for your needs. If you know what I mean ~ that sounds odd, somehow <sigh>  Hope you can find somewhere you all feel comfortable with.

We are rather frazzled here as last night arrangements for tomorrow were changed twice, then again this morning all the phone lines in UK have been tied up by my OH's family as we try to arrange something to suit all - things have been changed today at least FOUR times!  -  now Cousin is going to my OH's other sister for the morning, then we pick her up, then we are meeting some of the family, don't know how many!!  for lunch in a pub.  Its all got incredibly complicated and not helped by Cousin who seems to think she has to see everyone she is even distantly related to, at least twice during her visit.

I could go on about her but it would be boring, but suffice it to say that she is a very difficult person and I could add more adjectives!  I'm sure that my sis-in-law who she is staying with will have some extra grey hairs on her head by the time Tuesday finally rolls around and my OH puts Awkward Cousin back on the plane.

• Rosy:  LOL!!  I looked at that photo of Billie, and couldn't figure out what was strange about it at first!  Pleased you enjoyed my ditty - I just come out with them now and then and hope someone will find them fun.  There are poems by lots of posters on the Site: if you go to the Community Pages and look for Poetry, there is a section there with of course, lots of bird related subjects mainly.

• LINDA - sorry they are giving you so much hassle altering and re-altering the plans for today's lunch.  Although I hope you get a good meal out of it, it would serve them right if the pub doesn't have space for all who turn up!  I hope you and OH and his sister can get a rest after Tuesday - please don't fill your diary for the rest of the week!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG:  Today's lunch is not the half of it - her whole visit has involved many many people and a whole raft of plans, rejigged and altered.  She plainly has no idea how much has gone into keeping her entertained - we have been trying to share out the workload!  I can't go into detail here but it has all been hard work for everyone.  (including people in Scotland and the Isle of Wight.....)

I'm looking forward to getting my hair done on Wednesday, I shall sit with my eyes closed whilst they wash and cut it!!