Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 October 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's chat thread is here.

Hi, everyone.

Cold, grey, and rainy here, with gusty winds coming from the east coast.

Autumn has begun in Indiana, and I thought I'd post these fall foliage maps for the U.K. and the U.S.

Here's the Autumn Colours 2015 U.K.

Here's the Fall Foliage Prediction Map 2015 for the U.S.

I don't have a nice photo to start this week. I'm off to wrap up in my electric blanket and eat some hot northern bean soup.

Everyone have a wonderful week!!!

• THANK YOU DIANE!  :-)    Have you had any more power outages?  Those maps are great, but the interactive UK one would be really helpful.

OG: Sounds like a wonderful (and tasty) trip you're on.

Brenda:  The Indonesian situation is news to me too - what an awful state of affairs.   Couldn't believe the "no show" guests story; I wonder what the relationship was.  Gosh, a blunt talk with a doc under those circumstances is something nobody needs; glad things got clarified.

dibnlib: Fountains are lovely!  Is a Barcelona trip on the horizon?

Cooler here today - hurray!

• Unknown said:

THANK YOU DIANE!  :-)    Have you had any more power outages?  Those maps are great, but the interactive UK one would be really helpful.

Annette: No more power outages today. Yay!

The first link in my post shows the map from the U.K. (England) Forestry Commission. That's the only one I found for U.K. foliage colours. I don't know of another one?

• a beautiful morning here.

ANNETTE   We are going to Barcelona at the end of the month. We put Benson in kennels on 30th and drive down to the cenral belt and see Mum and a cousin. We have booked a tavel lodge in Liivingston and will have an early night as our check in time is 0430 though will probably aim for 0500. We fly from Edn as before.We have 3 nights in Barcelona, then home.

• Good Morning Everyone. A beautiful sunny morning. I had to wear my sunglasses when driving to church earlier.

Very bad storms in Southern France. Twelve dead and widespread flooding.

Thanks to Diane for starting the week and the links to Autumn colours. The trees haven't really started yet, where we live, but we are getting some fallen leaves in the garden. Sorry about your bad weather. It seems rather early in the Autumn to have to wrap up in your electric blanket. You must be cold. Take care.

Dibnlib, Super photographs of the fountains. Fantastic sculptures. Thanks for posting them.

Annette, The wedding guest was a distant cousin of the bride. The guest said that she didn't really know the bride !!!

Enjoy today in the UK. The wind and rain returns tomorrow :-)))

• Morning all: Glorious gray skies! Hurray . :-)  But awful flooding on the French Riviera - 16 dead according to the BBC website.

Diane:  Re the UK color map: Bad choice of words on my part!     "...would be really helpful"  should've read "...is really helpful."  

dibnlib: Sounds like you and your OH are thoroughly enjoying your retirement from that job. Nice that you'll pop in to see your Mom on the way.

Brenda: Why do I think that cousin will be even more distant now.  :-)

Margo: Hope the Bryan Ferry concert was wonderful.

Off to Do Stuff.

Take care all.

• MARGO  hope you enjoyed the concert. I used to love Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music.

Quiet on here today, hope everyone is enjoying lovely weather.

• Our early morning sunshine turned to white clouds until 3pm, Dibnlib. We did enjoy a long walk around the edges of the farm fields, which have been ploughed and reseeded with some winter crop, I presume, and then we went into the large woods, where a man's whippet decided it wanted me to throw it's ball for her. I did so and she promptly returned it to me. In the end we had to stand still and let the dog's owner walk through in the opposite direction to us. We did see the deer, which have become more obvious recently.  

• Hello all and thank you DIANE!

I had a quick look in this morning, back now after a very busy day in the garden. Lots of sweeping and tidying plus OH's son came down this afternoon to help with pruning top of high trees which his Dad is not so confident about doing now. Up until last year OH was scrambling up ladders but now he knows his limits. Still up ladders but not as high!

We have just enjoyed a roast lamb dinner, OH has fallen asleep.

I hope that MARGO and her OH enjoyed the concert last night.

DIBNLIB - have a good catch up with OG and Eagle Eye, tomorrow! I loved your fountain photos. Barcelona your next trip - yet another place I would love to visit.

I saw the pictures of flooding in Antibes, Nice, Cannes. Sixteen deaths.

Keep warm, DIANE.

I hope that LINDY is having a quiet relaxing time, also hoping that AQ is not run ragged!

Take care, all.

• Rain here today - but nothing, nothing like on the U.S. East Coast or southern France.

• But it was still the wet stuff ANNETTE, rare and very welcome in your part of the world :-)