THE LG OSPREY GABFEST FOR OCTOBER, NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER, 2015

We had zero chicks at Loch Garten nest this summer, so there are none to follow this winter. EJ and Odin have migrated south and with neither tagged we cannot follow them. Sadly, we have lost Breagha, the last tagged LG offspring. Once again a healthy Loch Garten chick is “lost contact, presumed dead”. Even the camera is away for the winter. Thus we have lost all contact with the Loch Garten nest. For the first time since I found EJ and the Loch Garten nest, there is NOTHING LEFT. Nothing left, that is, except HOPE for a better season in 1916.

On this note of hope I will maintain The Gabfest in a semi-retired state. Thus we will be open for any osprey news which comes through, whether it be from UK or USA or Africa. Also any bird or wildlife photos or news are always appreciated here.

Over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve some may wish to share photos of their cakes, Christmas Trees and/or some music videos. Winter gardening, trains, anything goes here on the Gabfest that anyone wants to talk about.

So if anyone cares to come in for a wee chat, the Gabfest may be sleeping, but it is open.

•  While listening to your selection, I found this  Not  so nice, tho.   Too sad for New Year's eve.

• A couple of Musical Postcards for New Years Eve.

Off out to see the fireworks fired from Stirling Castle at Midnight.

I'll post my New Years wishes tomorrow when most of the world has seen in 2016.

Firstly Micky and Minnie Skating on Slate Production provides an amusing lyric from Andy Stewart

The slate came from the Ring of Bright Water at Ellenabeich - Mickie and Minnie from OHIO (Scotland meets OHIO).

CLICK ON THE SKATING MICKIE AND MINNIE TO PLAY

Now from Scotland to The Banks of The Ohio.

CLICK ON THE LIGHTS OF CINCINNATI TO PLAY

I believe the lights are part of the Festival of Lights provided by Cincinnati Zoo

• WOW!What a wonderful greeting! Cover may be zoo, but most are Downtown from Kentucky across the Ohio river. Love the touch of heather, too.

surprised to find you still here.  Thought you & Susan would already be out celebrating.

• I gather that if you cross The Ohio River you are then in Kentucky - Is it still classed as Cincinnati.

Still Here - It only takes me a few minutes to the castle in the car and no celebrations if you are driving.

We are just watching DVDs of some of the concerts we have attended this year - we always buy a DVD if they have recorded the concert during the tours.

• Happy New Year to Everyone!  Love the greetings.

June and Keith, That is a lovely picture of Cincinnati.

Willow, We love Devon and Cornwall, and I understand why you would want to move down there, especially since you knew the area as a child and your Dad is there!  Hubby's Mum grew up in Plymouth and she had friends who lived on the edge of Dartmoor and we were delighted to visit, and we have been back to the area many times.  We also have friends who lived near Plymouth for some years and they are convinced that it rains constantly down there!

Kind regards, Ann

• True, Keith, Cross the bridge and you are in Covington, Ky.. Y'all might be interested in streetwalking it sometime. From Portsmouth, ohio one crosses the bridge to South Portsmouth, Kentucky, but not so in Cincinnati, Actually Newport, ky also is directly across the river and I think a third ky town.

Evenin', Ann  Did you click on the picture to hear the music and see all the pictures? there's more tthan one.

• OH! I almost missed Mickey and Minnie. Can't do that. It is a lovely display of our two countries, as is your Cinci video - Both representing the connection the Gabfest has made across the mighty Atlantic and over several years now.  So appropriate for new years eve and Auld Lang Syne.

• Unknown said:

JUNE - I think you may have to download a programme to view. I can watch the nest on Susan's laptop using IE but only get a blank screen using my own laptop on IE and can not download the programme as mine is a company laptop.

I will ask Barbera.

I do like this nest for various reasons mainly as we always visit Clearwater on my FL visits so always go to Stirling Links to see this nest. In recent years we have been there May time when the young were about to fledge.

We also like the Dunedin district of Clearwater for its Scottish links and twin city with Stirling only 4 miles from my home - in fact we are going to Stirling Castle tonight to watch the fireworks at midnight.

Dunedin was named after Edinburgh Dun Eideann being Gaelic for Edinburgh.

^^^***^^^^^^^^********^^^***^^^^^^^^*********

By Barbera I take it you mean the osprey lady at Dundenin.   any help will be appreciated.

• A very Happy new year to everyone readers and gabbers. Keith I love the musical post cards but unable to open and listen as Im at work. But Ill listen tomorrow on my own laptop! I hope youll enjoy your evening :)

• Gardenbirder Happy New Year to you! My father grew up in Tavistock and spent most of his time exploring Dartmoor he knows the area thoroughly, but not so much. When we take him out we always take him for a drive across the moor and usually lunch at the Warren House Inn! Yes I agree it does rain very often there but that gives us the beautiful rushing rivers and ferns. LOL!