Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 September 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

This is a very special week because it begins with a rare astronomical phenomenon. On 27-28 September, most folks on this thread can enjoy several coinciding events:

• A full moon. The moon will turn full at 3:51 a.m. in the U.K., 10:51 p.m. in the eastern U.S., and 7:51 p.m. in California.
  • The closest full moon of the year. Within an hour of becoming full, the moon reaches perigee and its closest approach to earth for the year of 2015.
  • A Harvest Moon. This is the moon closest to the autumnal equinox in the northern hemisphere.
  • A total lunar eclipse!!!
  • This is the fourth and final eclipse of a lunar tetrad. A lunar tetrad is four consecutive total eclipses of the moon (with no partial lunar eclipses in between), each of which is separated from the other by six lunar months.

You can find complete info here and here.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

Total Eclipse of the Moon
U.S. Navy photo labeled public domain (copyright free)

• Painful shoes, the bane of most women's lives, LOL!!  Brenda.

I' m rushing around trying to get done:  my OH is not back yet but expecting him soon.

Funnily enough, the phone just rang and it was the man from the IT place - my tablet is beyond repair, he has fought with it for ages but it can't be done, apparently.  My OH will not be pleased.  Just as well that Ch....mas is coming up.........maybe just maybe he will treat me to a new one.

I do hate waste.   If I could get it going by solar power I would!

Nice that some of you are able to meet up with OG & EE - hope you all enjoy yourselves.  I'm off now, hoping this sunshine will last until at least Monday as its supposed to.

Take Care, All.

• pics taken in Vienna

statues of strauss

and a couple of Schonbrunn, with more to come.

• Just back from having my flu jab. I hope it is relevant this year.

Dibnlib, Quite a few years since we last went to Vienna. Your excellent photographs bring back many memories

• Hi to all

Thank you, DIBNLIB for the pictures of Vienna. We've never been but would love to.

I hope that OG and EE survived my chattering at lunch time today! It was good to see them again and do some catching up.

Now chilling upstairs while OH watches programmes of his choice on TV downstairs.  

• Pixies hard at work in Somerset

• Yes, Annette, I thought they did too but it was the best I could do with my camera.

AQ - see you and OH are still doing nannying - hope you don't wear yourselves out although it must be a big help to dau. Enjoy your visit to Adelaide Hills.

I get the daily newsletter from the NABC -  on todays was a photo of some of the fall trees , magnificent colours

courtesy of NABC

• OG - hope you enjoyed your lunchtime date with Heather and pleased the weather is as great there as it is down here.

Dau is enjoying her job and can't believe she landed it - working in a school which is what she wanted to do eventually. Working hard at trying to improve her English at college on a Thurs evening after work.

Dibnib - lovely photos of Vienna. Like the one of the Schonbrunn Palace - which is where Andre Rieu held a concert and few years ago.

Lindy - hope you get a new tablet for Chr........ or maybe even sooner - there are reasonable offers around. Anyhow goodluck.

Definitely last entry before holiday tomorrow.  See you all soon.

• Evening all:  Damp and cool and breezy this morning; very hot and dry and breezy this evening.

dibnlib: Vienna must be a lovely musical place to visit - and did I hear they have wonderful chocolate and pastries? Did you get to sample any?

Alan: Any idea of the number of badgers - um - despatched so far? Or is that number too political to trust?

Lynette:  Your fall pic looks so nice - but what is NABC?  Good to hear that your daughter seems to have found something that suits her so well - good luck to her!

Daugher had all the stitches removed from her foot today, so she's delighted. It's her birthday Saturday. (G/daughter and I are plotting a get together in the near future) but in the meantime, the local Native American community is holding its annual Pow wow this weekend, so I'll see about getting daughter there for a few hours on one of the days. It's held in a large field and wooded area, so I need to investigate logistics re parking and accessibility.

In the meantime, have a good Friday everyone!

• Woohoo. It's a wonderful Friday! Dau had a pm appt with offspring and I was dismissed from nanny duty at 1 pm. Of course before that, MissJ made sure I earned my (non-existent) pay by behaving very badly when it was time for her am nap. She screamed & screamed & screamed, finally dropping off with great hiccupping sobs in her sleep. Dau was busy icing Miss3’s b-day cake. Hard to believe she will be 4 tomorrow. I gave her our gift and after unwrapping she was so happy she hugged the contents! It was only clothes – t-shirts, shorts, leggings. In various shades of her favourite colour, pink.