Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 September 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is HERE.

If you missed the end of last week's Chat thread, click on the link above and go back to see OG's spectacular photos of the Sparrowhawk that visited her garden! The pics are really good. See pages 8-9! 

Also, Brenda posted a lovely kestrel on page 7.  

Autumn is right around the corner, but it's still very hot on my patch; 95 F (35 C) tomorrow. I'll try to send some heat to Brenda, who had to put the central heating on in her home yesterday. :-)

Happy Labor Day on Monday to Annette, June Spradlin, and anyone else in the U.S. Labor Day was very important in my family, and I always miss my Dad on that holiday.

Everyone have a good week.

• Heather so don't need a sofa but my logs have started to arrive.

The woodburner is only small but very efficient as long as wood is hard ( birch not pine) and dry. Our new supplier kiln dries it for a while. Daisy inspects wood store on a regular basis.

Brilliant trip down south with amazing art venues.

Dismaland was amazing and really would love to go again. Youngest is off tomorrow and has 2 sessions booked so she will see it in the dark.

Only down part was Easy Jet useless and Inverness airport even worse.

A slight health issue sorted by my sole practice doctor with stitches in a part of my anatomy I wont go into. After 3 visits and 2 phone calls from him all well. Hooray for am NHS one man band. Any other GP would have referred me to hospital.

• Hi, all. I'll catch up with everyone when I start the new thread tomorrow. I've had my computer off much of today because of rain/storms. Cooling down dramatically. Yay!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

If anyone wants to watch this weekend's partial solar eclipse, you can view it on the Slooh Observatory site.
    Coverage begins at:

12:30 a.m. Saturday night in the eastern U.S.
    9:30 p.m. Saturday night in California U.S.
    5:30 a.m. Sunday morning in the U.K.

Take care, all.

• New leadership of Labour party: TOM & JERRY as deputy and leader!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Actually it was E-E who spotted it first!

• Hello, All:  Been busy.  Took my OH to the shops, and he hated it!  Also, it rained when we were furthest from the car, and guess who had an umbrella and who didn't?  I had looked at the sky and decided not to risk getting wet, even though its best to travel light without holding too much stuff.

• Hello Everyone, Partially sunny now, after this mornings rain, but quite breezy. We have had a neighbour here for most of the morning. He has just returned from Florida and is about to leave for a concert in London, so I have been asked to feed their cat this evening and tomorrow morning. It is a new, adopted cat and runs a mile, when I enter the house.

Just off to have lunch. BBL

• Rain has stopped here also.  Spent most of morning working out finance plan for J's new car - he is putting some down and we are paying the rest as part-gift and part-loan to him.  Now really must get some packing done for tomorrow, but it needn't be an early start in the morning as we are not going far.

• How nice not to need an early start, OG.  Hope the rest of your trip is as relaxed.

We've had quite heavy rain here, on and off all day.  At least the garden & the allotment will be happy with it.

Saw film this morning of the awful fires in California:  hope you are well away from them, Annette.

My OH is busily polishing our leather chairs, which suddenly don't look as clean and nice as they used to, now that Bonnie is jumping around on them every day.  I wish I could move them to another room, but its not possible.

• Quick look in before I take off for daughter's for a few hours. She's still having to keep her foot elevated and is bound to be suffering from cabin fever.  

Change of plan with painters who were going to finish up on Monday, but will be here today after all. Fingers crossed they'll be done by the time they leave.

Lindybird: No fires near here; the San Andreas fire is in the Sierra Foothills, inland and farther north.  

OG: Nice that you're helping J afford some new wheels.

Back later.  Painter boss has suggested we put up new house numbers instead of the grotty old ones so hardware store is the first stop of the day.