Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 September 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is HERE.

If you missed the end of last week's Chat thread, click on the link above and go back to see OG's spectacular photos of the Sparrowhawk that visited her garden! The pics are really good. See pages 8-9! 

Also, Brenda posted a lovely kestrel on page 7.  

Autumn is right around the corner, but it's still very hot on my patch; 95 F (35 C) tomorrow. I'll try to send some heat to Brenda, who had to put the central heating on in her home yesterday. :-)

Happy Labor Day on Monday to Annette, June Spradlin, and anyone else in the U.S. Labor Day was very important in my family, and I always miss my Dad on that holiday.

Everyone have a good week.

• DIANE- Amy's insulin pump is MEDTRONIC PARADIGM MINIMED. The only number on the pump is PBR 830898H.

• We are now swaddled (the windows at least) under a layer of plastic sheeting. Screen door at front of house has been carried off for restaining. So very grateful we had the a/c unit installed.  It is 90F today. I've been keeping a cooler filled with ice and cold water bottles for the crew....

• Annette, It must be so hot for your decorators and so uncomfortable for both of you in those temperatures. I can understand why you need to have cold water bottles for the workers. Do you know how long the whole job will take ?

• Heather: I'll see what I can find that might help you.

Annette: Stay hydrated. I hope they finish your house quickly. It can't be fun working in that heat, and I know it's hard on you living in a sweltering cocoon. Hi to everyone.

• Thanks guys, but I'm fine;we've got my a/c blowing and fans directing the cool air into the living room. It's the guys outside in 93F heat who are suffering. They'll remove the wrapping from the doors and bedroom windows this evening; it's been a bit "foggy" all day.  :-)   Job should be mostly finished Saturday, but the contractor (as usual) is balancing current and new jobs as best he can (a nice guy from Sydney).

• Phew, Annette!   Hope its all finished on time.

Good Morning, Everyone:   A sunny day forecast here and I'm off to my Friends with Bonnie for a playdate where we hope to tire both of our pups out!! They just love chasing each other around.

Went to the Opticians yesterday and she pronounced that my eyes look a lot better and that I should keep up using the drops. We were both pleased to be able to put a label on what ailed me.  I'm off to the Docs tomorrow for another chat and check on my b.p. so I will ask him for a prescription for the eye drops & some cream for my eyelids whilst I'm there.  Got to get my eyes sorted ready for the Wedding which is a week on Saturday:  Eeeeek! its coming around fast!

Hope everyone has a good day, and a bit of this nice sunshine for those in UK.

• p.s.  Annette:  yes, the combine harvesters are hugely expensive and some of the larger farms own them and offset the expense by hiring them out to their neighbours.  Also some of them are on hire from big companies.  Now that farming is done on a much larger scale here (but nothing compared to the US of course!) the machines have got bigger & bigger.  Even a tractor can cost thousands & thousands, and it has all contributed to the smaller farms gradually selling up and each farm getting larger.  There are two farms only up the road from here, for sale at the moment:  its very sad.  My OH gave up years ago as he was running our farm just on his own with the help of his elderly father, and he couldn't get any bigger without huge investment - in the end, our farmhouse went to a wealthy couple with horses and the land went to our neighbours.

• Good Morning Everyone. First load of washing hanging outside and our sheets etc are in the washing machine. OH has started vacuuming the bedrooms, while i polish the down stairs furniture.  I have cleaned the bathrooms. I want to enjoy the sunshine today and tomorrow, before the rain returns :-))))

• Good afternoon, all

A lovely and warmer day here. I went to the hairdresser and then scooted up to the EE shop to pick up my mobile phone which has been repaired. Alas, notice on shop window to the effect that it was closed due to unforeseen circumstances. So I will try again tomorrow. I went to the other branch, they said the closure was due to staff sickness.

Talking of closures, Morrisons  supermarket chain seem to be in more trouble, closing and selling stores.

ANNETTE - Lovely that you are giving your workmen cold water. It must be terrible for them, working in that heat. Glad that you have air conditioning, otherwise it would be like living inside a plastic bag:-(

BRENDA - Yes, enjoy the sunshine, Autumn is on its way. I guess that OG is very busy preparing veg for her freezer, haven't seen her here for a few days.

LINDY - I 'clocked' that The Wedding is not far away. Everyone will be getting excited. OH is quite disappointed that we haven't yet had a thank you note from his great niece, their wedding was 10th July. I suppose that when both of them are working full time, things like that will take more time.

DIANE - Thank you very much for your offer of help. I thought that there would be a model number on the pump but Amy assures me that there is nothing except what might be the ? serial number.

I think I'd better visit the GP ( I try to keep away from these places!) I've got a sore on my right eyebrow that won't heal. I'm guessing sun damage. I keep waiting to see if it will go away but it doesn't. It has been there for months.

Take care, all

• LINDY - Hope that you and/or Bonnie enjoyed the playdate!