Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey Topics), 16 August 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's chat thread is here.

Hi, all. I just thought I'd start the new thread since Annette has been busy with family/friends and is probably tired.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Not long before autumn now.

• Evening all:  Worked in garden before it got too hot, then off to yoga after lunch.

Diane:  Thank you again for starting us off again!  No family right now, so things are quieter. I also am surprised that kids seem to need new backpacks, etc., every year.  We have uniforms at my school and leather "satchels" that lasted for our entire school career.

Lindybird: Hope you had a good day visiting Amber.  Photos to follow?

Heather: Wow, Callum has grown up fast - fixing cars already. Wonderful that SiL has stepped in to fill such an important place in his life.   Sciatica easing up; yoga and exercises are a help.

Clare: Thanks for the link to the Cornwall photos.

Thinking of Margo and wonder how she's doing. Has anyone spoken to her?

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• My Travel Plans
    I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots.
    Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.
    I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.
    I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there.
    I have made several trips there, thanks to my children, friends, family and work.
    I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity any more.
    I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.
    I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.
    Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.
    One of my favourite places to be is in Suspense!
    It really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart. At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!
    I may have been in Continent, but I don't remember what country I was in. It's an age thing.
    They tell me it is very wet and damp there.

• Love it, AQ.

My thanks to DIANE, too.

Sorry you have been suffering with sciatica, ANNETTE; pleased it is easing now.  I did see your pix of MsD - a lovely child.

I have decided I am making a new start with the new week, so sorry if I should have replied to anyone last week - this fine weather (yes, it really is) is no good for sitting here typing, and there is also a huge pile of holiday ironing - but at least we could hang it all out yesterday!

Have a good week, everyone.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Good Morning, Everyone. Sunshine here, hooray! We had a very good day yesterday, with uneventful and quick journeys both there and back, and lots of cuddles and giggles with Amber. After enjoying our lunch, we took her to the park where she enjoyed a turn on the swings, and we watched a little of the cricket match taking place in the sunshine. Not sure when I can get photos on, Annette, as I'm still struggling with my pc, which means I haven't put on any of our last visit to Matthew & Tomasz, or our trip to The Flower Show either :-(

EDIT:   My pic of little Matthew the other day, was via our d.in.laws Facebook page.

• Thanks to Diane for starting us off again, so cheerfully. Annette: glad you're having a less frenetic time. AQ: Loved your travel descriptions!! LOL!! OG: Expect you found lots to do in the garden on your return. And please don't mention ironing baskets! Ugh!! Mine is overflowing!
  • Thanks to Clare for the mention and the link to Welsh Lass's post, wonderful pics everyone, go have a look! Brenda I was sorry to read about your concerns over your OH's eye problems: do hope the eye drops will do the trick. He does seem to have had an unfair share of eye trouble. {HUGS}
  • Hello all

ANNETTE - I have spoken to MARGO within the last week. She was feeling very emotional, as she said in her latest post on here.

Callum wasn't doing anything mechanical to our car, he was here to fit a new undertray. The old one was ripped when OH misjudged the distance from a concrete edging when parking :-((

LINDY - so happy that you spent a smashing day with the little ones (and parents, too, of course!)

AQ - Love it! Hope you and family are feeling a bit better.

I'm going down the garden to find out if there are any beans ready to pick. We like them small, so I think I will be lucky.

• Heather:  A smashing day, indeed!   Amber is a happy well adjusted child and very inquisitive: she sat on a swing and tried to work out how it worked. She is also now trying to say a few words.  Only this week she has started repeating "One, Two, Feee!"  She tried to copy me when I sang to her, and her parents say that she is learning a lot at the nursery she attends 4 days a week.  I held her hands and she was excited to try and "walk" by holding on to me and wiggling her feet.  We are going back for a longer visit in early September, just after her first birthday.

Nice that Callum was able to help with the car being fixed. I remember you describing the small accident you had with it.

• p.s.   Bonnie is fast asleep in "my" chair in the conservatory as I write:  she had an exciting and exhausting time at the kennels, where she played all day with 6 other lively dogs.  Then when my OH collected her this morning, he took her to the park where they found a labrador to play with.

• Brenda: I meant to say last night: I hope your OH can avoid any further eye operations. I'm so sorry that he's having problems.