WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, AUGUST 2, 2015

Hallo all:  Happy New week.

Well, what can I say? I can't even do stupid links these days; no idea why things aren't linking but life is too short to fret about it....

Rita is doing her knee exercises, which aren't the best part of her day, but she'll get there we know.

OG: I've taken the liberty of copy/pasting your anniversary dinner menu for all to enjoy vicariously:  "Had a great meal at a country house hotel not far away.  Even the bread rolls were wonderful - fresh-baked and therefore really crisp, not hard (I can't usually eat what are normally referred to as "crisp" rolls!).  OH started with soup while I had a terrine of roasted vegetables; we both had beautifully roasted pork loin, with a theme of peas running through it: pea mash, pea puree and mange touts, as well as roasted root veg and garnished with a wee "haggis bon-bon" (breaded haggis).  OH decided in sticky toffee pud to follow - pleased I didn't as it had a fig in the middle which I would not have liked to find in there!  I had the most wonderful chocolate fudge cake ever - so beautifully light, whereas I usually find it very heavy.  J is out at a barbecue this evening so it was nice to have a meal out on our own but without leaving him out."   All sounds yummy (though not sure about the breaded haggis).

Brenda: I too am wondering how many floors up your son and DiL are in their new apartment.  Have you started looking at airfares yet?  OG has info on the Canada cake on last week's thread.

bjane: Hope you're too busy to post for all the right reasons.  Take care; good to see you.

Margo: Hope you feel up to dropping in this week.  Is your sister still popping by?  Hugs to you.

Earth to Diane!  Please call home.    :-))

Fountain is behaving itself as I type; it usually goes about three days before pooping out. Am prepared for investigative antics next time.

Have a good Sunday everyone. 

• Still in love with W10 - but Outlook conked out today - not a complete failure, it can communicate in and out, but has forgotten how to print - no time to play now, so will get it working after hol.  Meanwhile, all packed and garden watered ready to go.  Looks like a wet day Monday, so will need to reschedule ospreys to Wednesday - although it may have changed again by Monday morning, of course!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Evening ALL. Another beautiful sunny day. We went to the coast early this morning before the crowds arrived and stayed until after lunch. The roads were clear coming home, as we could see traffic queues on the opposite carriageway.

Dibnlib, Sorry you have been ill, but I am sure you will recover more quickly, now that you are away from the unhappy work atmosphere. Life is too short to tolerate other people's attitude, especially when you don't even need to work. {{{Hugs}}} Take care of yourself.

Annette, Have a good rest, I think you have earned it, but M/s D must love that you play so much with her. Such a very early start to the day for you, though. I do enjoy my ' lie ins' these days.

Diane, It does sound out of character for you to lose your temper, but if you are not getting the service you require, it is difficult to stay in complete control. I do hope everything is now sorted, if not, send red hawk, to squawk at them. LOL

Linda, I have to admit that you are the first person I know who has had to remove her curtains because of their young dog. LOL I have heard that they are a difficult breed to train, but I am sure it will all be a happy memory soon.
    I was laughing at your performance in the garden. Thank goodness that a new neighbour was not viewing the house next door :-)))

Heather, Sorry that Sheana no longer recognises you. I dread the thought that any of us can end up having that horrendous illness.
    The pity is, that I can see that there will be people, who will fall for that scam.

• Just caught up with all your news.

ChrisyB - enjoy your break.

OG - enjoy your few days away and glad to see you have managed to upgrade to Windows 10. One of the pc's I am interested in has Windows 7 Professional on with an option to update to Windows 10 so will have to keep that one in mind.

Talking of conking out - put my outlook e-mail account on on Internet Explorer and it said to update which of course my pc won't as its under Windows XP. Finally got it to open under Hotmail and it comes up so different. Anyhow at least it works normally on Google Chrome. Also found that Ancestry UK has changed its profile and what a job it is to get hints to review - mine won't unless I go in in a different way, can't say I like the new set-up a great deal, much preferred the version before this one but no doubt will have to get use to it.  Enough griping.