THE LG OSPREY GABFEST FOR AUGUST and SEPTEMBER, 2015

• 58willow said:

Does anybody know what happened to Green J as she was not spotted.

We dont know what has happened to Green J.

Either something happened to her or there was a fault with her transmitter.

The last we knew was when she left a failed nest and roamed around the R Spey just north of Dalwhinnie. She was here in June but in July Roy reported that the transmitter has failed but he was not surprised as it was an old one anyway.

If she is still with us then I am sure someone will spot her at her wintering area of Galan y Gabriel reservoir in Extremadura - I imagine Roy Dennis has scouts in that area.

Whatever - I think she was at the end of her breeding life and do not expect to hear from her again but then I have thought that for a few birds.

Now Blue XD spent alot of the summer with a new mate an unringed female at his nest and Roy thinks she may have evicted Green J thus leaving her nest early to wander.

• All of the other Roy Dennis tagged birds at Highland Foundation for Wildlfe are at their respective wintering grounds.

CROMMARTY in Southern Senegal.

BLUE XD in The Cassamanche also Southern Senegal

BEATRICE - At home in Spain around the River Guadiaro with outings from here.

I believe Red 8T is fine and so is Morven but as their transmitters failed we do not hear from them apart from when they are nesting in Scotland.

• Our friend Blue 24 who hangs around the Dyfi nest keeping a close eye on Monty was a little unfortunate this year.

She found a Friends of the Ospreys nest nearby and a male and laid eggs but after six days of incubating had to abandon them to feed herself.

Unfortunately her male mate already had his own nest and a female mate and eggs that were about to hatch. Another male philander.

Think she settled back on the Dyfi watching Monty and Glesni at a distance.

Maybe she likes a bit on the side from all directions.

• Good afternoon all. Keith thankyou for the information on GreenJ. Ihope she is alive and well but also hope that she does not make the northward journey only to be evicted and find herself replaced :( Great news that newly tagged Cromarty has arrived in Senegal also BlueXD and Beatrice

• I feel so sorry for Blue 24 she seems to be very keen to get the Dyfi nest complete with Monty and who wouldnt? Her time will come :) Shes always the bridesmaid and never the bride :(