THE LG OSPREY GABFEST FOR AUGUST and SEPTEMBER, 2015

•  London Peasoup? No just my hometown on the Ohio River.

• Scotland looked very similar on my return yesterday but they call it Dreich.

I had been experiencing temperatures of 44 celcius on Das Island on a quick visit and returned mid summer to 11 celcius.

Lost a week with osprey updates but now slowly catching up. Fortunately had Tigers Blog on my I Phone.

I imagine some of the female ospreys will be thinking of jetting off to the southern hemisphere. Starting tomorrow I am going to try and get a week around the nests from The Trossachs up to the upper River Tay and Loch of the Lowes then up to Spey Valley. They wont be around too much longer so probaly my last rounds also of the nests. Up on Speyside we see them flying around through September. We tend to go up to Spey Valley for a golf match in September and often see two or three as we follow the Spey from hole to hole.

I will say so far to date it has been a good season to follow the birds with many highlights.

• hi Keith, I'm glad you and many others, I'm sure, have enjoyed the season.

i'm hoping for better for LG nest next year.   Also better computer reception for me & especially easier typing.

Enjoy your trip. As always, hoping for reports and pics.

• My typing just kicked back to normal, but for how long?

• You gave us a LORRA LORRA LAUGHS and some mighty fine songs - Rest In Peace CILLA

TARA CHUCK

YOUR MY WORLD

• Todays Itinerary - If Scotland can get a few hours without rain then heading off to Loch of the Lowes and surrounding Lochs and Upper Tay area. Hopefully many ospreys in the air now in surrounding areas.

I will try and get on site at Strathallan on the way home if it stays dry.

Won't venture further up the A9 (Speyside)today save that for mid week.

JUNE - We all hope for better at Loch Garten next year - this happens at nests certain years generally when one of the pairings fails to return but not an attempted coup d'etat that fails. This happened at Rutland Site B also this season and again No Chicks and again a huge successful nest and ospreys in the past.

These nests do bounce back though as they have desireable Post Codes (Zip Codes) whether with usual residents or new occupiers.  

• It is difficult to see our favorite entertainers pass on, especially s it reminds us of our own passing years.

• Visited LOTL today and all five birds around.

FR3 and FR4 on the nest feeding on a whopper brought in mid morning by the male - FR4 had it to herself for 2 hours.

FR4 got the fish stuck to her talon and startied screaming and dragging the fish around the nest.

Two other chicks in surrounding area.

The female hung around the alternative frustartion nest then perched on the loch before jumping i and swimming for some time - First time I have seen an osprey swim - it was amusing. Probably having a bath.

• Stayed too long at LOTL so did not stop at Strathallan. My son has gone up to the castle for me tonight to take a look as he has gone to practice at Gleneagles which is only a mile from Strathallan. There has been a number of ospreys over the stocked lochans on Gleneagles.

I'll take a look tomorrow.

• If the watching is good, why move on?

What can I say???   FANTASTIC photos and report!!