WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY JULY 19, 2015

Happy New Week all:

Rumbles of thunder all day, but it seems to be passing just east of us. Apparently our share arrives tomorrow evening.

I seem to have lost the Rich Text formatting option - and the text has gone weird.

OG: Apparently Aldi is going to open some stores in California. Your lunch at the Old Toll House sounds wonderful.

HEATHER: Here's a very long link to a film of passengers arriving g to board the Lusitania on its last voyage. Extremely clear images for the times. www.criticalpast.com/video/65675040085_SS-Lusitania_passengers-arrive-at-dock_passengers-aboard-SS-Lusitania_author-Elbert-Hubert

LINDYBIRD: My hammock, which as a large metal frame, is stored in the garage in favor of my zero-gravity folding chair, which is so much easier to put up and then away.

LYNETTE: Home delivered groceries sounds wonderful, except I buy from three separate stores and like to see/feel the veggies/fruit.

• Good Morning, Happy Sunday, & Thank You to Annette for starting us off again!   We had thunder and heavy rain as we got out of bed this morning (but I'm back in bed now, with a cup of tea!).  Annette - I have one of those low gravity chairs which I keep at our holiday home and I love it.

• Good morning, and thanks to Annette for starting the new week.

Lynette – we were sure we had the better lunch, as we (I in particular) don’t like the restaurant where the group were meeting, and would never choose to go there!

AQ – I hope you managed to keep warm in church; here in the UK churches are known for their draftiness in winter, although our current one is often rather on the warm side of comfortable. But it will soon be springtime for you!

Annette – I assume you had no moisture from the thunderstorms, or you would have mentioned it. I hope you will not get any dangerous dry lightning.

Linda – no thunder here, and looking at the garden not a lot of rain, but no believable forecast for this week – charts show dry when map shows wet and vice versa! We were hoping for a day out Monday or Tuesday, while J is away at his Sister’s and we have no appointments. Have planned one meal for the two days, and will have it whichever day we are at home, and have to shop for the second day if we can’t be out somewhere!

J has gone to church, so OH is using this morning to clean the kitchen and dining room – fence is too damp to finish painting. My late salad crops have come through three days after sowing, so the weather must be right for something!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG - Agree that the weather seems to be all over the place. We seem to have all seasons, barring snow, in one day at present. Bonnie has just gone out into the garden and been very sick. Then five minutes later, did it again. Not surprised seeing what things she finds to eat which are not meant to be on the menu! My OH is out all day playing golf today so I shall have to keep my eye on her myself.
  • Good morning and thanks ANNETTE-

LINDY, poor Bonnie. I wonder what she ate - you probably don't want to think about that. And poor you, having to do the cleaning up.

OG - Sorry to hear that you were on the receiving end of such a crass comment. You did well to stay polite, not sure that I would have been able to. However you gained in the end with your delicious lunch. Goats cheese has never been a favourite of mine but it was served with caramelized onion on some of the canapes at the wedding last week and guess what? They were delicious. What is a haggis pie? I may have asked you that before.....

LYNETTE- Daughter #3 gets her shopping delivered when her OH is offshore, she says that she is rarely disappointed but always worried about the dates on the fruit/veg etc.

ANNETTE- any lightning yet? Did you download the website that BRENDA gave you? I'm of an age to be mightily impressed by what we can see online! Ships,aircraft,lightning etc !!

MARGO- enjoy your week with your OH xx Looking forward to hearing what you two get up to.

Everyone- have a good day and OG, send Eagle Eye here when he has finished your kitchen. I was washing the kitchen floor this morning and called through to OH to be careful because the floor would be wet. His reply was to ask me if I was too busy or could I help him with his crossword. I asked him to call out the clues to me because I wasn't using my ears to wash the floor. My sarcasm was lost on him, he proceeded to call out clues... Must add that we have a very good relationship, everything is said in humour!

• Sounds much like ours, Heather ;-)  

Poor Bonnie has been sick a total of four times now and is sleeping.  Thankfully she went outside each time so I only have to get out a shovel for the lawn!

• Just realised, on reading Heathers post, that I had not seen all of the posts at the end of the last week:  Sorry to hear that people can be so unthinking, OG, but glad that you enjoyed your nice lunch anyway!

Here are a couple of pics for today:  the world in black & white!

Have a good Sunday, All.

• Good afternoon all I tried to post on Friday but when I pressed send it just said that access denied I don't know it's because I have changed IPs or what so I will try again.

Last w/e I had a nice time with my son and we went to see the Tapestry of Scotland which is being shown at our small museum until September but will have to go back again as it a lot of tapestry to take in in one go. We also had a nice dinner out at our favorite restaurant on Saturday evening.On Wednesday went out with SiL and her sister and had our lunch at Loch Leven Larder which we hadn't been to since last December. I have still not had any word from the hospital on what they want to do and I am now at the stage of saying at my age I don't want the hassle of going through another operation for something that really isn't bothering me.

I hope Margo enjoys her time with her OH this week and that Bonnie recover from her bout of sickness. The weather here is changing twice or three times a day but at the moment we have sun so I hope that they can get a full days golf played. Hope everyone keeps well and enjoys the rest of our so called summer.

george g

• So pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself both last weekend, and last Wednesday when you had a good lunch, George. I know what you mean about not feeling you want hassle and medical bother, but I think you'll just have to wait & see what ails you before you can make a decision on it.
  • I've come on just now with the express desire to tell everyone who loves nature photography on film, in the UK, not to miss the programme tonight at 5.50pm on BBC2 - Its called "Ireland's Wild River: The Mighty Shannon" and we saw it the other day. There are some very evocative views of the river and the creatures in & around it, and the last ten minutes at the very end are some of the very best pics of a murmuration I've ever seen - just beautiful and mouth opening! Record it if you can't sit & watch!