WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY JULY 12, 2015

Hallo all:

OG: Love the photo of the two ducks (not sure which kind). But which of you got down on the ground to get that shot?  The details on the drake are really striking.

Heather: I remember Circassian Circles - but only the name!  What a wonderful time you had, sounds like so much fun.

Rita: Congratulations on your knee.  Good for you.  Seems like a lots of folks on here will be happy to cheer you along in rehab.  :-)  Do you have one of those walkers? (I think they call them Zimmer frames over there).

I'll be up at 6 a.m. to watch Federer/Djokovich game.

Here's to a good week for everyone and hope Margo is doing okay.

• Hi Heather, sorry its so cool. We have had a breezy wind though, which I noticed has affected the golf at St Andrews.
  • Yes, LINDY, the golf :-(  Much the same happened when it was held at Castle Stuart just near here.

• Firstly, special thoughts for Margo, Rita, George, Clare’s Helen. Also thinking of all facing construction noise – Annette, Brenda, Linda. Hello to everybody!

Linda – pleased the family are enjoying the caravan and weather in Wales. Will they be calling to see you on the way home? Bonnie still sounds quite a handful – or even four hands full, for the two of you! We are getting an Aldi here – Co-op closed about six weeks ago, and all the staff lost their jobs (I think most went to Tesco!); Aldi bought the store and are having some alterations and then opening in spring 2016. I don’t know whether we shall try shopping there, but shall probably take a look.

Clare – been researching the anatomy and physiology of avian tongues – interesting reading, but haven’t found the explanation I was seeking!

Brenda – today was, in the end, mostly dry, but when we ventured out for a bit of afternoon gardening, we had rain again!

Heather – I suppose we have to be pleased that Sheana hasn’t deteriorated further; you are so good to visit her.

Farmers’ Market was quite exciting this morning! They had a quiz which meant everyone had to visit every stall to find the answers! We did buy a few things not on our list, but nothing we wouldn’t use anyway. There isn’t one in August, so we had to get double haggis pies this month from the Pie Man, and we also bought new season honey, some lamb, cheese and home-baked biscuits, as well as a cake which our Scone Lady had hidden under the counter when she saw us arriving! When we arrived at the lunch, the rest of the group were already seated around a single long table in a narrow room, and the chairman told us “There are two seats down at the end, if you can get to them” and laughed; I (surprisingly politely) said “Well, I can’t, so I won’t bother” and we walked out. We took ourselves to the Old Toll House where we had an excellent lunch of sweet potato soup, a goat cheese and caramelised onion wrap with salad, and iced coffee milkshake – made with real coffee.

When J came home from a trip into Dumfries, he told us Phil Cunningham is coming to town, and when I checked online, I discovered it is part of the Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham autumn tour, so I hastily secured tickets for the three of us – something to look forward to just before the start of J’s new working year.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Brenda surely they will make way for the residents to get out otherwise that is very bad timing. I agree, do departments ever liase with one another, one gets the impression they don't and it seems that way around the country when building work goes on.

OG - amazing picture, captured the moment!

Lindybird - just looked where Bosley is on Google Earth. Tragic accident, just wonder what could have caused it but we'll only know when the fire brigade can get in and investigate.

• AQ - pleased to hear you had an easier time. Maybe as they are growing up things will start to get a lot easier in some ways.

Just been watching a series on Eden TV about the rangers in the Kakadu National Park - very interesting - going from drought to flood plain back to dry season.

We've had quite nice weather the last 2 days, missed all the thunder storms. Today has been what I call a quintessential summers day, sunny, cloudy, breezy but warm.

Had food shopping delivered mid evening and shall do so next week as dau is busy during the day.  Makes life a bit easier as one doesn't have to trail round a supermarket.

• OG - I see you had a good time at the Farmers' market but they were a little sarcastic when you arrived for the lunch, still you managed to go elsewhere and had a lovely one, probably much better than theirs.  lol.

• Shiver! I woke just after 6 am to find temp had dropped to 1.8 C. Not much warmer now (7.45) - it's exactly 2C. My warmest coat for church.