The LG OSPREY GABFEST for JULY, 2015

SUMMERTIME - and the livin' is easy

Fish are jumpin'

And the Flowers are high

One of these mornin's

You're gonna rise up singin'

Then you'll spread your wing's

And you'll take to the sky.

• Good morning all. June lovely series of summertime pics :) Also I  forgot to say the picture I posted was a swallow! It was so hot here yesterday we were melting those osprey chicks must have been very hot!

• 58Willow - Did you not see White 14 pass over you :)

I have been working on Isle of Grain but staying south of the Medway - it was very hot indedd on top of them Liquid Gas Storage Tanks but fantastic views.

• 58willow said:

Very excited about my forth coming trip. It was at this time because that is when we have annual leave at the same time! OH also a signalman so arranging leave around shift work is sometimes difficult lol! We are like ships in the night sometimes. Its a good time as well see the chicks fledging or maybe will have already. Weve booked an afternnon osprey cruise on22. Hopefully might have half decent pics to share :)

Around 22 July you should get some great views accross to the nest from Waderscape Hide (Newly refurbished last winter) just down from the Lyndon centre. By then All three chicks should be perching on the T Perches and back and forward to the nest.

Also you should be seeing many other ospreys around the reservoir on the cruise - its a great time to go.

However do not put all the signals to red before you go or there may be chaos on Network Rail. The excuse for train delays could be Signal failure - away visiting Ospreys"

Both you and your OH have a graet break when it comes.

• Thankyou very much Keith for your good wishes!

I am delighted today upon reading that White14 has returned to the UK!! I somehow missed this yesterday. He has a special place in my heart this young man! What an amazing osprey visiting all those countries. He has probably blasted through Kent by now!

• Keith there is another type of chaos on the railway (called hot weather!) LOL. White 14 probably saw all the chaos on the motorway with all the miles and miles of parked lorries! Due to ferry strike ! There were lorries trapped there with loads of fresh fish from Grimsby! What a scene indeed :( Very happy reading this news now just waiting for our dear Breagh.

• Keith must be very hot on top of the gas containers! I would love to have been lucky enough to see white14, what a treat that would be :)

• Hope you will not be affected by the road chaos caused by this ferry strike absolutely terrible, thay people are stuck in traffic for hours and hours due to "operation stack" :(

• A great TV Entertainer and Singer VAL DOONICAN left us today for another world.

Although he had a string of hits I will tribute him with A Ring of Bright Water the song he wrote for the film staring Bill Travers and Virginnia McKenna.

The story of a Londoner who bought an Otter in a pet shop and because he could not keep it in his London Flat gave up his job and bought a derelict cottage near Oban on the west coast of Scotland and lived with his otter.

We go to Oban quite often and at least once a year visit Ellenabeich on Seil Island to see the Ring of Bright water and look for MIj - we have seen otters around this area and wonder if they are descendents of Mij listening to Val and glad Bill Travers brought Mij up to Scotland..

RING OF BRIGHT WATER by Val Doonican with clips around Seil island