WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY MAY 24, 2015

Hallo all:  Was a nice day here.  :-)

OG: Welcome back; sorry you're feeling creaky!

• Good Morning, All. Ditto from me, OG - hope you've not been doing too much. Busy here - Amber has the most enchanting smile and shrieks with joy whenever Bonnie approaches. Off early to our Youngest today, will post tomorrow.
  • Good morning all

Thanks ANNETTE, once again. I'm off to check on 'your' oil slick. Awful about the seal.

Just a pop in, I'm aware that I haven't made many personal replies lately but always read everything and enjoy your news and chat.

Welcome home, OG. I'm hoping that you are feeling a bit better after a night in your own bed x

Everyone, have a good day.

• ANNETTE - just read that that was the only oilpipe in the area,that didn't have auto shut off  valve and the reason why:-(

Also, the sea lion that was taken to San Diego has died. Double :-(((

• Very quiet on here today, everyone busy or away from home!

We are going to Denmark for the funeral of our old friend, we leave on Tuesday at silly o'clock to get the train to Aberdeen and then to Aberdeen Airport. Our flight leaves Aberdeen at 1035hrs.

We will return on Sunday 31st.
  • Goodness. It IS quiet.  

Heather: Good you can make it to Denmark, although not for a happy reason.  Re oil spill, even though one animal suffering as a result one too many, it seems that not as many birds have been harmed as originally feared, but long term effects on sea lions, seals, dolphins, etc. remain in question .  Our local newscast provides a list every night on what was rescued and where it was taken to be sorted...  Fingers crossed.   Lots of talk here about the safety shut off valve; apparently the previous owners of the pipeline sued against installing one saying they should be regulated by (then-existing) Federal, not State laws.  Regardless, can you spell lawsuit?

Take care everyone else!

• Hello Everybody. Back home from daughters, after a lovely couple of days. Plenty of good food and another birthday cake for OH. She was looking after Penny, while  our son was at a wedding in the Midlands, so we tried to walk off the calories, by walking the dog.

Heather, Sorry about your Dear Danish friend. You will miss him when you visit. Glad to read that you will be able to attend his funeral. Sorry also about your SiL's grandfather. 

Annette, The oil slick was obviously bad. I do hope the final numbers of wildlife fatalities will remain low.

OG, Hope you are feeling less achy today, after a night in your own bed and a rest today.

•  For those of you not up to date, this is Lassie feeding her chicks at 7.01pm

© SWT

• Good evening, all!  Had a busy day doing housewifey things like washing and ironing, though have frequently stopped to watch the rapidly growing starling population in the garden.  The first couple of babies appeared a few days ago and we now officially have a horde of them!  They are so sweet to watch, though - especially as two of them discovered the joy of bathing today.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Starlings in our garden too, CLARE. Very few, so they must be nesting. Normally they appear in hordes later on. They don't usually nest in our garden.

• We very rarely see starlings, but if they do appear, the GS Woodpeckers get very upset, because the starlings can clear the insect fat bock very quickly.